Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problems during long sessions - Not enough memory to load song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using Latest build of VirtualDJ 8 as of 9/5/15, on Windows PC, specs:

FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition 3.5/4.1GHZ (Base/Overdrive)
EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3
8GB DDR3
Windows 7 64-Bit

Works fine for the first 3-3.5 hours of a gig, towards end interface starts getting a little laggy.

Last weekend I had a serious crash. Started gig at 9:00 pm, and at about 12:48am started getting message that it can't find enough contiguous memory (58mb) to decompress file in memory (out of like 4gb).

Interface became very laggy, and video on external monitor started disappearing, showing windows background, and coming back.

After a few songs going this way, it eventually just crashed/disappeared.

Am going to try the "memory registry" hack, but it looks like that was for older versions years ago, and I'm not sure why any video memory settings have anything to do with loading the song itself into memory (since it's using system memory not video memory).

Please advise.

I can open a new copy of Virtual DJ and mix that in, but I lose the status of what's played. Is there a way to preserve this? (EDIT: I can't seem to force windows to open a second copy on the same computer. advise?)

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 6:15 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sounds like a memory leak.
V7 had the same bug....

If the video output starts to get laggy, just close and reopen the video output (CTRL+V 2x) to clear the memory.
That should help until it gets full again.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 9:53 am
have the same thing. Open task manager and watch it grow and grow. When it finally hits around 3GB+ it shutdown on me.

I say at least I can go for 3-4 hours before it hit that 3GB mark. In the meantime, while people having speech, I close VDJ and re-start, this resets it to normal.

I been going up & down on drivers but still happening.

I'm going to try what you about closing the video window to see if it really clears it up. Thanks for the tip.

Asus ROG with GTX 560m 2GB card, W7 Pro, 16GBRAM.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 3:03 pm
You don't have to restart VDJ.
Just reset the video engine which could be done by disableing and enableing the video output as I described above.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:11 pm
Thanks Patch for the TIP. I will give it a test.

Anyway, do you know if VDJ team is looking into this matter ?

Thanks.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 4:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I ran vdj automix with video for 12 hours a few weeks ago, and memory usage was still around 300mb when I stopped it.
So so far it is not clear what might be causing it. It would be useful if you could do some similar tests (run it for a few hours with video, without, without controller connected, etc)

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 4:29 pm
I don't use controller. I have run VIDEO's and went to sleep, by morning, VDJ was shutdown.

Run it again and this time I am watching along with Task Manager. It grew until it crash when it hit 3GB+ (around 3-4hours of running).

I have been up/down with the Nvidia drivers. I am now running the DEAFULT driver that came with the Laptop.

This is where i' at now. Like I said, I just reset (shutdown vdj and open again) during a speech or whenever I can just to reset it to make that 4-5 hour gig.

Adion, you want one this video sent to you and test it ?

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 5:18 pm
Sure, can you also send your settings.xml to see if it's a specific setting that may cause it?

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 5:42 pm
Ok Adion, just got 2 Video placed in in Automix (repeat).

Started Task Manager
Started Automix 15:15 650,000k

2hours later

Stop 17:15 1650,000k and growing

DXVA off
VideoMaxMemory I set at 256 (did not matter if it was auto).

Check PM for the link for the Video Files and Settings.xml

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 9:34 pm
I'm very curious to find an answer here. The mem usage does seem to grow uncontrollably, and it's not video memory, it's regular memory. There's clearly a leak here.

I don't have a speech break to restart. So I'm hooking up a secondary laptop to get ready to restart the app. I shouldn't need to depend on a backup laptop as a daily occurrence.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 2:29 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 5:58 am
I'll run that plugin tonight. Is there a danger to running that during a live show?

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 1:03 pm
I wouldn't recommend to run it live.
While the plugin might run without any problems, your audience will see a lot of "weird" data on the screen ;)

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 1:28 pm
Shoot. Okay then maybe i'll run it another time. Problem is the computer I built for the club stays at the club so I don't have much time to troubleshoot that I shouldn't be playing!

I've played successfully 4 or 5 shows without issue, but the last time crashed and was pretty embarrassing. I've got a second controller and a laptop i'm going to hook up and switch over to the minute i get the error. But it's a pain.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 3:27 pm
Need some more testing, but most likely found the problem, should be fixed in the next build

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 4:45 pm
that's great news Adion. Thank you. Can't wait for SUNDAY :)

Did you get the videos I sent ya ?

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 5:22 pm
Awesome... This has been a long Bug.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 8:02 pm
confirmed with the new beta 2453 that this is FIXED.

Big thanks to VDJ TEAM.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 12:14 pm
famol99PRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi i never had this problem till last week when Virtual dj updated itself.. now it lacks memory after a few hours on virtual 8

Posted Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 8:09 pm
like me !

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 11:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)