Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Seems to be a bug with latest Realtek HD Audio Device

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using VDJ for years and I've never encountered any issues with it, like ever.

Recently I upgraded my system to a Skylake system and ever since I've had nothing but issues with VDJ constantly crashing. Its seems totally random and can some times last for upto 20 minutes before crashing while other times it will do it 3 times in 5 minutes. The crashing seems to occur while I'm searching through my music folders however I'm 100% certain I've got no issues in my music files as all was working perfectly before the upgrade.

I've worked out if I set Exclusive Audio to On it takes a lot longer to crash (upto an hour sometimes) but it still crashes eventually.

I'm thinking it might be the new Nahimic Audio software included with my motherboard which is causing the issues but as of right now I'm really not 100% sure what is going on?

DXDIAG - http://pastebin.com/wcWN0b3Z

Please help.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Your crash is video related, not audio :)

We have the reports so will take a look.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:29 am
SBDJ wrote :
Your crash is video related, not audio :)

We have the reports so will take a look.

Any feedback on this issue?

Its really annoying me now, I've tried things on my end like uninstalling and reinstalling, different driver versions, even tried splitting my 4000+ MP3s up into seperate folders incase there was to many files in a single folder but its still crashing constantly.

Cheers

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 10:09 am
OK, so i think I've located the cause of the problem.

Looks like it was actually G Sync which was causing my VDJ to crash (it was set to Fullscreen and Windowed mode in Nvidia CP), disabled it about an hour ago (set it to Fullscreen only) and so far no crashing so its looking good. Will update this topic again if anything changes.

EDIT

Nevermind, lasted just over an hour then crashed twice in 3 minutes.

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 4:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)