Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Missing Crates And Folders in vdj8 that were made in vdj7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Danks8PRO InfinityMember since 2013
Since i originally downloaded vdj8, i cannot get the folders and crates ive created since in vdj7 to transfer to 8. Please if anyone has a solution let me know.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:17 am
Make sure that your Music is located in you Admin Music folder? That had happened to me on Windows 7-64. I could not find my music in VDJ 8 because it somehow was in the users /public Music folder and it can not be there, it has to be available in you main log on folders. If so just cut and past it in you main Music folders. I hope this is your case. Let me know if that works for you.
Jon J.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 5:37 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You'll have to delete all your v8 databases.
If you then start v8 again, vdj will convert your v7 database to a new v8 database.

But that means that you will loose all database data, such as playcounts, new added music through v8 etc. if you only done this in v8, and not in v7.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 11:15 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
VDJ8 will only copy folders and crates from VDJ7 on the original install. The only way to copy them again is to delete the settings.xml and restart VDJ8. Just be aware that any new files added to VDJ8 nd not to VDJ7 will be lost.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)