Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Minor bug together with Denon MC6000 Mk1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have two MC6000 Mk1 and both behave the same.
Sometimes when playing a song the play button does not light, and sometimes both cue and play lights at the same time.
Is there a bug inside the MC6000 firmware or in VDJ8? Have anyone else noted this?
It's just the leds, and the buttons work as they should so a minor bug...

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 6:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Took a look at the mapping files and everything seems OK. So i guess a firmware bug indeed. Did you check for an update ?
There is also a chance that due to a high speed of data (version 8 sends Midi Out with almost double speed) the Leds of the MC6000 "miss" the action to turn/off and therefore not getting updated. We have seen this behavior with some old units (in LCD displays mainly).
Just a try.. goto Settings-->Options (enable Advanced Options) and set the ControllerRefreshrate to e.g. 40 or 50 and see if you get the same issue.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 6:23 pm
Also what OS are you using ?
If you're using Windows Vista it's common for that OS to have it's MIDI buffer fill more easily and truncate MIDI messages resulting various issues with all kind of MIDI devices. We strongly recommend to use Windows 7 or above...

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 6:45 pm
Dual staff experts reply - highly appreciated!
I'm running Win7 Pro, have not the guts to run anything else when most of it works so flawless as it is now.
Will try the controller refresh rate settings, thanx! (Current setting of refresh rate is 0 = 10mS)

BTW - Is it only the leds, displays and such stuff that is affected by this setting? And not midi commands sent from the controller?

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 7:21 pm
Yes, it's how fast the computer will try to update the leds of the controller. The commands from the controller to computer are always executed immediately

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 7:37 pm
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Wich version of driver ASIO using ?

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 9:57 am
I'm using Asio 1.01 "for controllers"

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 10:57 am

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 11:07 am
With MC6000MK1 you should NOT use the "for controllers" ASIO driver.

The "for controllers" is for the newer generation of DENON controllers such as MC6000MK2

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 11:16 am

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 11:52 am
Strange! Seems weird to downgrade the asio driver to an older one. But if you say 2.22 is the one to go I will try it.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 12:37 pm

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:20 pm
Why are people still using the terrible Denon Asio drivers when WDM works trouble free?

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:50 pm
For me, 2 reasons:
1) I had used for 3 years ASIO driver, with VDJ 7 and no issue
2) When I upgrade to VDJ 8, ASIO 2.22 still work and I had no reason to change it

I also read in some forums that WDM are better, expecially with Denon DN-MC6000, but when I was tried to configure it on Windows 8.1 I had no success to work... so I stayed with ASIO driver.
Now I new installation of Windows 10 on my notebook: I'll try to reconfigure with WDM and I hope it can work.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 2:06 pm
WDM works fine on both my Windows 8.1 machines.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 2:35 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Why are people still using the terrible Denon Asio drivers when WDM works trouble free?

I haven't had any issues called "terrible" with the asio still. What problem are the asio driver causing?

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 3:25 pm
They cause glitches and when the music is quiet you can hear crackling. Normally setting a higher latency solves it but that's not the case all the time with these drivers.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 3:36 pm
I apologize, I mixed the different ASIO versions.
I'm using the MC6000 Mk1 Driver 1.01 (2015) and not the "for controller" version.
A thought, the ASIO driver is only taking care of the audio streaming and not the midi data sent to and from controller buttons and leds?

Kradcliffe: Does the problem with crackling audio exsist even in 2015 version of ASIO or perhaps older versions?

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 6:46 pm
As reply above, the "MC6000 Mk1 Driver 1.01 (2015) " not work correctly with controller LED, tested by me with Windows 8.1 and on new setup of Windows 10 and reported by other users in VDJ German Forum.
With ASIO driver 2.22 I used it on every my gigs (every week-end) without any issue.
Now, as suggested by kradcliffe, I configure VDJ 8 with WASAPI driver and testing it.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:13 pm
svengusPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I also have massive Problems with Denon asio Drivers in VDJ8. (from crackling in Version 2.2.2 up to Dropouts in 1.0.1 2015)
The Problems were on Windows 7 and Windows 10
After uninstall the damn Denon asio Driver, my System works excellent with WASAPI and Windows 10!

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:23 am
91%