Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TIMECODE ISSUES **SAME ISSUES - 2 DIFFERENT CONTROLLERS**

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

D2thaCPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Just wanted to put out there an issue I do not understand. I had 2 Denon DN-S3700 that I roll with. One evening I had a gig where the sub sat under the stage and it rattled the hell outta my pc and my Denons. I noticed right after that when I set my timecodes back to zero that my mp3's and mp4's would not reset back to zero as they used to. I was told by various DJs that I would have to reset the grid on all songs or just add cue markers to every song and not worry about where the timecode started at...even a few of the staff said that as well. Fine I did just that, started adding cues to beginning of songs and all seemed well.
Months later I upgrade from pc to mac and 2 new Denon DN-S3900 and STILL upon resetting the timecode to zero I got the same thing. My question is to anyone using CDJ's whether it be Pioneer or Denon, have you had this same issue and if so what have you done to rectify the situation? I refuse to believe that this is just a VDJ issue as I have the other 2 programs that I use to test VDJ up against and they both restart at zero, at the beginning of both mp3's and mp4's (with the exception of Traktor, it does not do mp4's)
This concerns me as I have been rockin with Virtual for over 8 years and within the past year in a half I now have these issues.
The autobpm is another issue....turned it off and it is still doing it as if I never turned it off. The little stuff like this is starting to add up so I would really like to get down to the bottom of why, even if I have to pack this rig up and come to VDJ Headquarters to get a handle on this, it would be nice to know what caused the changes or why changes I have made are not working.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 3:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)