Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ keeps reseting a setting value when turned off and will only save when reset for the session.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

Since a VDJ 8 update yesterday, VDJ 8 resets the mapping for my Hercules RXM jogwheel setting from touchwheel, which allows the smooth use of the jogwheel.
I was offered a solution that unfortunatly did not work and was asked to create this bug topic.

I did this, went back to the controller section in VDJ settings, selected Hercules DJConsole RMX, scrolled down and highlighted jog wheel.
In the middle of the 3 lower boxes, selected audio_scratch. In the right hand box selected touchwheel. Go to the save point at the top right
of the screen and save the setting. Close down the settings screen and all works fine. However it is not saving this setting.

When I go back into VDJ the setting reverts back to setting jogwheel to jogwheel and I have to repeat the process.

Whilst the jogwheel is set as jogwheel it stutters and stops if used. using touchwheel has been fine up to the point of the VDJ update.

Please help sort out this little bug as it a tad annoying to have to do this every time I use VDJ, which is every day.

Many thanks Paul

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 10:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you take a screenshot of the CONTROLLERS tab of Settings , right after you are done with the modification and before you close the Settings window ?

Btw, the Jogwheel of the RMX is not a "touch" or "pressure" sensitive one, so the action jogwheel (default one) should be the one you should use.
I really dont understand what the touchwheel action offers at this point.
What was the initial issue that you had and advised to change this action ?

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 11:45 am
Hi DJDAD

I understand that the jogwheel setting should be the default for the Hercules RMX, However it did not work after loading VDJ 8 after obtaining the licence for the RXM. So I tried loads of different settings and using the touch wheel was the one that resolved the problem. I have just booted up the laptop that runs VDJ and the setting has, on the occasion, remained from the last time I set it to touch wheel. So for the moment the problem seems to have sorted itself out.

Thanks for your help

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 8:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)