Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Where has 'compatible songs' gone?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just installed Virtual Dj 8 on a new laptop, I have an 'infinity' package (previously version 7) and run a Numark N4. All seemed well until I noticed that the 'compatible songs' option was missing from the browser - this is concerning because I use that feature A LOT! Can anyone please help - I suspect now that I may not have unlocked the full software somehow, it works perfectly on my old computer.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 6:50 am
It doesn't exist in version 8 any more.

Just create a filter folder with the following command:

bpmdiff<=4 and keydiff=0

Or this one:

Bpm Difference <4 and Key Difference <4 and exists = 1

Keith

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 8:47 am
Thanks Keith
I'll have to give that a go. What bugs me, though, is that the version of VDJ 8 I have on my other computer does still have this feature. Is that because it was left over from the version 7 I upgraded from, I wonder?

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 9:32 am
Keith,

It worked! thanks again. I have no idea what any of it means but it does the trick.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 9:38 am
Cool. If the setting existed in V7 it will have been converted to the new database, but it's not there for a new install.

Glad you're sorted!

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 10:24 am
Is it possible to add that it also has to be in a virtual folder you created, named 'nice music' or something ?

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 7:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Move the filter folder inside the virtual folder, and set the scope to folder from the drop-down.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 7:37 am
Thanks, so I understand that there is no way of putting it elsewhere.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:19 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You know you can create multiple "compatible songs" filter folder and place them in any folder you want, right?

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 10:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)