Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Is it possible in VDJ8 to make a skin button to load (and play, and stop) a certain playlist?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have seen some threads that go into this, but pertaining to VDJ7. I even started a thread with this topic myself, a long time ago, but I never got a clear answer. There are contradicting infos on the forum. So, here goes, once again: Is it possible in VDJ8 to make a skin button to load (and play, and stop) a certain playlist? And if so, what would the syntax be?

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 3:59 pm
No, it;s not possible since there's no vdj script command that would load the entire playlist on the "Playlist/Automix" window.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 7:03 pm
Okay, thanks Phantom for your clear answer. You'll have to forgive me for not stopping here... Lately I've been told several times that something was not possible, period, only to find out that it actually was possible, for instance with a workaround.

So, my next question would then be: is there maybe an indirect way (workaround) for loading a playlist at the touch of a button?

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 7:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
playlist_load action loads the selected playlist/folder to the Automix.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 8:35 pm
That one isn't in the verb list yet! Thanks, DJDad. I'm getting closer...

What I am trying to achieve is to be able to load (and start and stop) a specified playlist with a single button (I'm working with a touch screen). So if I were to tell the button in vdjscript that it needs to load the DISCO FEVER playlist, what would the syntax be?

playlist_load 'DISCO FEVER'

Or would I need to specify the physical location?

playlist_load 'C:\Playlists\DISCO FEVER.m3u'

P.S. I don't have a browser, only filelist panels...

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 11:20 pm
The best way would be to look into the CONTROLLERS tab in VirtualDJ itself. Wiki may not be up to date as we keep constantly add things.

playlist_load seems that it doesnt take any parameters (Playlist name). It loads the focused/selected Playlist into Automix.
This one works for me..
browser_gotofolder "Playlists/thePlayListName" & playlist_load

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 11:33 pm
GOOD TIP!!!
:)

P.S.
I've got version 2378.1043 and there's no mention of playlist_load yet in that version :(
Does that mean it won't work?

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 11:37 pm

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 12:22 am
Ah, silly me. I looked for it in the automix section...

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 8:02 am
...and I can't thank you enough for all the wisdom you spread over the forum, Babis!

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 8:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)