Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I map effect select + all slider effect reset??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So what I would like to do and have tried:

map a RMX2 FX PAD so it : turns on the effect, resets all sliders (basically resets the effect) and that the sliders for the specific effect become active

so i.e. delay .... press pad turns on the delay, resets all sliders.... selects sliders to activate the delay effect ... you play around with it.... turn it off and next time you start clean (initialises the effect)

how do you map this ? Thanks

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 2:26 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
effect 'delay' active on & effect_slider_reset

Or if you don't want a specific effect and use the selected one, try this:

effect_active & effect_slider_reset

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 9:59 am
PachN wrote :
effect 'delay' active on & effect_slider_reset

Or if you don't want a specific effect and use the selected one, try this:

effect_active & effect_slider_reset

ok thanks! But this only resets the first slider imho. I want to reset all of the sliders i.e. filter + resonance etc

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 10:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't know, couldn't test it at the moment...

Maybe something like this will work:

effect_slider_reset 1 & effect_slider_reset 2 & effect_slider_reset 3 & effect_active

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 12:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why would you want to reset sliders to their "default" values ? I mean i would expect someone to want to have the sliders saved to his "favorite"values and not the default ones,which actually is the case for VirtualDJ.
So if for example i need the 2nd parameter to be at 60% because thats how my Effect sounds good to me, why would i want to always reset to 50% (if that is its default value) ?

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 12:53 pm
Thanks PachN I will try

@DJdad. Well I like to be able to reset everything to either default (which I prefer) or to any other setting as long as it resets, basically with every active ON command.

I dont want a filter to be al tweaked up and remember that setting next track I play and need the filter again. Thanks for replying

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 3:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I understand the need to reset effects, meaning make sure none is active. What i dont understansd is the need to reset their parameters.

I think i have posted in another topic you have asked something similar that you can use the action.. effect_disable_all to make sure all effects are turned off.
I find the actions to reset sliders (effect parameters) something that you should not worry about.
So your reset action could be something like..
eq_reset & filter 50% & effect_disable_all

Btw, there is no action to batch reset all sliders. You need to do it one by one by using the effect_slider_reset "Effectname" x action, where x is the slider number.
As you may understand, you will need to use this action numerous times if you need to reset ALL sliders , or at least multiple times if you need to reset the sliders of specific Effects.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 4:19 pm
ok. thx

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 4:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)