Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Win10 vs Virtualdj8 (with Intel i5 4600 gpu)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had no trouble upgrading my windows to Win10, however, while i have virtualdj 8 running (wether during a performance or just idle) the Intel graphics driver bottles out and eventually Win10 "Blocks" virtualdj from accessing the display (thus locking me out of doing anything with virtualdj until i restart the program)

Im using a monitor connected to the internal GPU for the skin, and an NVidia GT630 for the Video Out. There are no errors seen from the NVidia, but the intel is becoming a problem.
There has been ONE update since installing Win10 from intel.

The versions are as follows:
VirtualDJ 8: Build 2425.1053
Intel i5 -4690K (HD 4600 series graphics): 15.40.1.64.4256
NVidia GT 630: 355.60

(I generally work like this so at some venues i can use 2 or 3 outputs from the NVidia card and "combine the different outputs" to show videos on different monitors with different connectors. this worked perfect in win7 and in win 8.1 and is not causing any issue here)

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 12:12 am

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 1:01 am
I use the Intel Driver Update Utility to update my drivers.. so im on the current version already (as i noted above)

I dunno if its something that virtualdj can fix or it could just be a case of sit and wait for intel to fix things (hopefully) from their end :(

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 1:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You dont have the "videoForceFullscreen" setting to Yes, right ?
Have you tried to launch VirtualDJ using the Nvidia card instead of the Intel HD ? I believe there should be a right-click option on the desktop icon to do so.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 8:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)