Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Problem with read only units.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello
Another challenge to the developers.
I am increasing security of my audio files encrypting the files of my external HDD with Veracrypt (sucessor of Truecrypt). Performance is the same that without encrypted drive in read/write mode.
To access this files over NAS and do not have corruption problems accessing from various locations I have to mount my containers as read_only and I have seen Virtual DJ seem to not work fine with read_only locations. After running the software it always says the database is corrupted and I push not to repair. When I try to load a file, seem that it tryes to update/generate the virtualdj folder of database or something like this and if it can not write it totally hangs load/audio/video during 1 minute.
After the first hang I can load songs but I still have video hangs each time a new video is loaded (think that it s becuse it still try to write something to database and it can't) and have 4 seconds video drop. With an DVD it works fine. I have tested renaming virtualdj folder thinking that if do not see the database maybe it do not try to load of the location but happen the same thing... sw hanged at first and video drops after the end of the load of the next song.
Have tested veracrypt with other softwares in read_only mode with no problems.
Best Regards

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 10:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you tried the setting readOnly from the Advanced Options to Yes ?
Setting setTagsauto should be to No too (but i think is set that way by default) to avoid trying to write Tags when something is changed.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 11:19 pm
Hello

Haven't tryed. With read_only mode it works fine in Virtual DJ 8.

In VirtualDJ 7 do you know where can I activate same read_only mode¿? In Virtual DJ 7 if I press a song mounted as read only it hangs and have to kill virtual dj process

Thank you!

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 9:02 am
You posted in the ver8 bug report Forum, so i assumed you are using version 8.

If not mistaken, there is no such option/setting for version 7.

Please discuss bugs and issues only related to version 8 on this forum. thank you.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 8:14 pm
I use both versions in my shows because the music can never fail and your software is nice but working with videos audio somtimes it fails . In the 2 computers I use in my shows I have one running virtualdj 8 and other version 7 as backup. Only one instance of virtual dj 8 can be running at the same time without breaking license agreement isn't it?.
I can not find v7 bug report place can you tell ne where it is? (if exists)
There is some bugs that happen when read_only option is selected I'm going to make one new topic about it.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 9:29 am
You can use this forum to post any issue/bug related version 8.

You can use any other forum (Hardware/PC/General) to report anything for version 7, however since we have stopped developing version 7 (updates may be provided only if some showstopper bug occurs) an update/fix will not be provided for version 7.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 10:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
you're allowed to run 2 instances of vdj at the same time. But only use 1 at a time.
So setting up and start a 2nd laptop with vdj 8 as a backup is perfectly fine.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 15 @ 7:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)