Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX not visible in mappers, win 8.1, VDJ 7.4.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is an odd one, I have connected my RMX into my windows 8.1 64bit laptop. VDJ does not show the RMX in the mapper and the RMX does not control VDJ.
I am not using USB 3, I have double checked the RMX midi is outputting data to the Laptop using MidiOX and confirmed the RMX is visible to the win 8.1 laptop and sending all the button and slider data.
I have then tried the Hercules RMX line output by loading a song in VDJ and playing it from on screen with mouse & the RMX asio is functioning as a soundcard perfectly.
So I then tried this - In the mapper screen if I add a new command manually using the actual midi data for a button ie: the play button and set it to be 'play_pause' it then works as it should do. Press the button it starts and pauses the song.
My question is - does windows 8.1 require all new dedicated mappers to be created written specifically for 8.1 laptops? Because non of the original Hercules RMX mappers will work.
It does all work absolutely perfectly on a win 7 64bit laptop.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 7:44 pm
As a test please go on Documents\VirtualDj\Mappers folder, remove all files (KEEP A BACKUP) and try again...
Also make sure you have the latest drivers installed on your laptop for your RMX (visit ts.hercules.com to obtain them)

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 8:01 pm
OK, all the various mappers in documents/virtualDJ/mappers have been removed. Still nothing comes up in the mappers screen even if I rescan for devices

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 8:09 pm
I have latest drivers installed and the RMX is Firmware 32.
Just as a test -
If I select new in the mapper setup screen and set the key to be '0-CC11' and the action to be 'play_pause' this then operates the function in VDJ. hold down the play button and the song plays ok let go and it pauses.
However if I try to create a normal map that has the key set to 'PLAY' and the action to be 'play_pause' nothing happens.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 8:10 pm
Sorted Guys all working as it should do. Thanks to anyone that has been having a headscratch on this one.
In mappers select to use HID devices and not Midi devices. Everything comes to life. Brill.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 9:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)