Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-R1 and VD8 Samples' volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can't figure out how to make the samples such as clap, horn etc sound at the same level as the music. The level is extremely high. Previous versions and controllers had easy access to change the volume on samples but I cant find it on this one. Newly purchased. thanks in advance

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 5:24 pm
Indeed. It's not as easy as VDJ 7 to change sample volume as they play.

In pad mode there are no on screen volume controls. You have to switch the sampler to its "list" view - and even then, the volume positions you set won't get remembered.

Atomix expect users to edit the sample, adjust the volume (actually gain) there, then save the sample.

It is however possible to map commands to custom knobs, so you can have a volume for each sample or a master sampler volume. It's also possible to add sample volume knobs to a skin if you are so inclined (and skilled).

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 5:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reason why samples may sound much louder than the music itself, is that the Sampler uses its own Volumes and Master Volume and the Deck Volume faders along with the Main Master Volume may be lower than this.
The XDJ-R1 offers Sampler Volume control knob per Sample. If not mistaken, this should be offered using one of the 2 FX parameter knobs (ant recall which one) when the Sampler mode is selected for the 3 HotCue-Sample buttons.
Since the Volume of the Samples is not stored and can even be restored to its original value when the bank is changed, my advise would be to change the mapping from sampler_volume_nogroup to sampler_volume_master and have control of the Sampler Master Volume

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 10:26 pm
will try this out. Thanks

Posted Wed 26 Aug 15 @ 6:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)