Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Merging '7.4' and '8' databases??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi! I have vdj 7.4.1 on my laptop and vdj 8 (pc build 2425.1053) on my desktop PC. Both machines use windows 7 and both use an external hard drive with the same filepath. I use my laptop when I'm dj'ing at clubs and parties etc, and I use my desktop pc when I'm at home to practice and do mix cd's. I would like (finally) to install vdj 8 on my laptop so I can start using it when I'm dj'ing at events. Now I understand that when I install vdj 8 it will use the 7.4 database which is good because this would transfer all of my cue points etc. However, when I'm at home I only use vdj 8 and I would like to 'merge' this vdj 8 database which is on my PC onto my laptop as well. Is this possible? I hope I have made this clear and thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 5:16 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
There is no tool to "merge" v7 and v8 databases.
However, you can use this tool to create a v7 database out of your home PC's v8 database and copy and replace your laptop's v7 database with this new created v7 database. (Always do a backup of your existing databases first!).
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80185

Note:
As I said, it will NOT merge the files. It will just create a v7 db out of the v8 db.
Meaning, it will only contain informations of the v8 database.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 9:56 am
Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)