Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 is stuck in Fullscreen mode (or maximized window, cant tell), cant switch to movable window

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mln44Home userMember since 2015
Hello,

my virtual dj 8 is stuck in fullscreen mode (or maybe it is maximized window mode, cant tell) even after first time clean installation with all previous preference files removed.
i didnt manage to find a way to switch vdj8 to windowed mode that could be dragged onto other monitors and resized like i am able to in VDJ 7. Both on the same pc, same time, windows 8.1 pro 64bit.

( there is an older 2014 thread about this here already with no solution http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/192673/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Virtual_Dj_8_stuck_in_full_screen_mode__.html )

What i tried:
- toggling the modes of the upper right maximize button (it changes color but application is still the same and fullscreen, also tried doubleclicking), then in each mode trying to drag or double click the top of the interface / the virtualdj logo, or find an edge of the application to resize. Nothing happens, cursor doesnt change to the cross indicator icon like it used to in vdj 7.

- tried switching to tablet mode, retrying the above, and switching back

- tried running it with -window parameter, tried to run in all compatibility modes and ran as admin

- tried different skins, different resolutions and changing the preferences / pref. files but the interface will always just stretch to fullscreen on my main monitor

- tried different older versions of VDJ 8, its the same in all of them

- tried disabling all other applications that could possibly be causing this

relevant hw specs:
i7 3930k, 64gb ram, ati hd7950, 5 screens, win8.1 pro 64bit

thanks in advance for any ideas!

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)