Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sample editor bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I using beta 2412

if a sample is playing on loop and you open the editor and change the name of a looped sample. it will continue to play and loose is association and you can't stop it now unless you close VDJ.

this could be a disaster during a live set

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 4:44 pm
I have also noticed some bugs in my sampler also as it will not stop playing until I exit the VDJ 8. Will not give the name of the sample playing on bank 11. It only states the following description. get sample_slot_name 11 in the textzone area of the sample name window it was working , I think in the last build. The other samples have their names and are ok. Used to be able to play multiple instruments at once and it sometime will and and some times will not. The XML file is correct for the sampler no errors. Just to verify I will go back a few builds and see if there is a bug in the latest build. Icons shell still not showing up completely just some of the times and not complete.
Keep up the excellent work DJs you all are awesome at what you do for us.
Jon J.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 6:11 pm
Simple answer - don't try and change the name of a sample once it's playing! Do your editing first, then play it.

Although I suppose it could be classed as a "bug" that VDJ allows someone to even attempt renaming when it's playing....

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 6:19 pm
Exactly groovindj, I should have suggested that to begin with. You really can not be changing file names on the fly as it is using that file. All editing should be done before hand. I would say it is not really a bug at all. I found out that the VDJ 8 sampler problem that I am having is not the fault of the VDJ 8 software, it is the xml programing file that has errors in it. My 2412 build seems to run perfectly in all aspects, even the video section performs good. I read about all of the bugs reported and I can not seem to reproduce them with my 2412 build. But I really do wish for the Shell icons would load up every time, but it does not. But that is a small problem it not that important as it still performs in all other aspects.
Jon J.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 11:12 pm
I guess what you helpful people don't understand.... i am telling you the name in the "Sample Editor" is not the file name at all its something stored in the database like a Tag.

if its an issues to change it while it's playing It should not be allowed to happen....... that is the bug.

thanks for all your help :-)

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 12:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)