Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping during HID playback w/ CDJ2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SlutzkyPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I use 2 X CDJ2000 Nexus & Djm900SRT With VDJ8 In HID Mode.
All Ok But I think The Bass Reflex In The Club Make My Cdj's Go Out Off Sync... In VDJ.
Its Like The Sound (bass) Move's The Jog Wheel a bit :(.
Even When The Track is Paused And In Cue, I Can See It Moving While The Bass Reflex is kicking.
After looking Around I Found that there used To Be A Similar Problem in Serato Back in 2012...
But they Say Its Fixed.
Anything I Can Do in VDJ To Fix The Problem?

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 12:12 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 4:55 am
Yes I Know It has Been Addressed...
But Apparently The Problem Is Here with VDJ 8.
Is It A new Problem? Or Its Just The Old One That Haven't Been Solved?

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 9:23 am
I don't see how this a VDJ / Atomix problem...

If you don't want the jog wheels to move, tighten them up (use the jog adjust knob).

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 9:30 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
This isn't specific to v8. Same problem existed in v7.

@groovindj I nor did anyone who experienced this playing live blame Atomix. One would think that tightening the jog wheel would solve the problem (as I, and others tried) but it never solved the issue. I am well aware this issue isn't their fault. They acknowledged it. Simply chiming in.

The issue was raised with the Dev team and they added a fix in build 2003 (10/12/2014) - vibration threshold for hid jogspeed which required a definition update to make the feature live as quoted by SBDJ. SBDJ goes on to say "The vibration threshold is just that - a way of detecting and preventing small platter movements due to physical vibration."

Simply put.... This is what the OP is experiencing. Not blaming Atomix in anyway ( I deal with it on a weekly basis) but this is what happens in some clubs/bass heavy environments.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 12:25 pm
Let me explain something one moment please:
All CDJ models have a firmware "threshold" to dump vibrations of the jog in order to avoid report false moving.
This threshold is of course taken into account from VirtualDj.
Also on top of that we have used a second software threshold to avoid accidental moving due to vibration. However, if you still have issues it means that your CDJ's receive "way too many" vibrations, and increasing the threshold further more would make the jogs less responsive on actual (intended) movements.
We have to keep a balance here between actual performance and security! Mind you, that our software threshold is bigger than Pioneer's native one (on firmware) which means that if you use your CDJ's with CD's or USB sticks, the skipping is gonna be worse!
Try to isolate your CDJ's a little bit more so that they receive less vibrations.
If that's impossible I can give you some VDJ script command to use on your jogs so that they "lock" when the deck is paused on a cue (cue-ed). However this code has a minor draw-back that you can't move the song with the jog if it's paused on a cue-point. Therefore if you want to adjust a cue-point you need to start the deck first, then pause it, and then adjust!

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 9:30 am
I Will Do Some Test Tonight
Thanks

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 12:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)