Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Different action when holding down a button

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Trying to get an action to repeat when holding the button down. Was trying to use the FLOW command of DOWN. This is what I was messing with:

var '$down' ? sampler_group_volume 1 +3% : sampler_group_volume 1 +3%

Second portion works. The DOWN component does not. Probably missing something small, but I this is my first time trying to write anything than the most basic script.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 8:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have used the same action for both values of the variable so you wont get anything different.
If you need to gradually increase the volume of sample 1 while the button is held, try this..
repeat 500ms & sampler_group_volume 1 +3%
you can also change the time from 500ms to a lower one to increase the "waiting time" of the repeat action.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 3:00 pm
Works like a charm as usual!

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 3:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Question to any staff that will answer (not hijacking the thread just continuing the discussion)

What is the shortest repeat time possible? (for repeat _start I've found 33ms is the lowest but have never been give an absolute answer if it's my machine or vdj that is the limit)

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 11:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 9:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The limit will be around 33ms as well. (repeat and repeat_start use the same mechanism, so timing of both will be the same)

It is not linked to the keyboard repeat rate (which is a system setting)

Posted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 5:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Thanks for that Adion, it's good to know for sure. Maybe this info could be added to the appropriate entries in the script wiki.

Posted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 5:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)