Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Filter folder for Harmonic Mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use the Camelot notation for harmonic mixing and have created a filter folder using < keydiff=0>, which works great. As an extension, I would like to create filter folders for Energy Boost Mixing (http://harmonic-mixing.com/EnergyBoostMixing.aspx). No matter what I try, I can't seem to be able to create a filter folder which will give me songs with +7(one semitone) or +2(two semitones) key difference from the current song. Note that I want the key difference to be positive and not negative. That is, if my current song is in 3B, then I want the filter folder to list songs only in 10B or 5B, and not 8B or 1B respectively. Separate filter folders for the one semitone and the two semitone jumps are just fine. I don't need a single filter folder that gives me both.

Can some of the veterans throw some light on this? How do I do it?

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 6:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 5:26 am
Thanks for the response, locodog. I already have the My Library plugin, and it a great tool, but none of those filter folders offer what I am looking for (or anything close that I could build on). Let me clarify that I understand how to create a filter folder for finding songs in a particular key. What I need is a filter folder that updates "live" depending on the song playing, and using "Key Difference = 0" or "Key Difference <1" does not solve the problem that I have outlined above. Any other ideas?

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 5:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I see what you mean, I'm not getting the expected results either, best as on the my library thread

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 6:16 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hm maybe this?

keydiff = 0 or (keydiff < 8 and keydiff > 6) or (keydiff < 4 and keydiff > 2)

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 9:28 am
Thanks locodog and PachN for your responses.
@PachN, sadly those options don't work. Anything above keydiff=6 doesn't work, infact.
The more I fiddle with the value of keydiff = X, and try to correlate it with the Camelot wheel, the more I am convinced that the keydiff mechanism in VDJ is broken. :(
Hope it gets fixed soon! :)

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 8:15 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had the feeling before. But I didn't elaborate it any further because it was no big deal for me.

If you could track it down somehow, a bug report would be appropriate.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 9:41 pm
I have the same problem guys, and would like to hear if any solution is found. Cheers

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 7:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)