Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon SC2900 Vinyl/CDJ Mode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've had this issue since using VDJ7 and it still appears to be in VDJ8. Someone else posted about this in the Denon Hardware Products thread quite some time ago but never got a response so I thought I would re raise the issue.

The pitch bend does not work in CDJ mode on my Denon SC2900's. It only works in VINYL mode.

So when I press the vinyl mode button to turn off Vinyl mode the entire jog wheel is unresponsive in that it does nothing. It should allow me to use the entire jog wheel (top and side) to pitch bend (CDJ Mode) however it doesn't.

I've also tired uninstalling V8, deleting all the mappers etc, fresh install etc.

The only way I can get it to work is to modify the default sc2900 mapper and change the key "Vinyl" to "Vinyl Mode 0".

I then have to press the vinyl mode button again and it goes blue and the whole jog top and sides works for pitch bending. The only problem with that is if I wanted to do a spin back or scratch I can't as I can't toggle Vinyl/CDJ mode.

I am sure this is supposed to work the same Pio CDJ's in that if you turn off vinyl mode on the CDJ the whole jog wheel is for pitch bening and viceaversa.

I've even got an MC2000 and a pair of SC2000s here and they do exactly what I want the SC2900 to do.

If I use CD's or USB then everything functions as it should.

Appreicate any help as I have persisted with this for some time but would love to have it work right.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 8:37 am
Thanks djdad.

1. When in midi mode with no software running the screen on the sc2900 says PC Mode Completed. The Vinyl button does turn on and off. When Vinyl mode is activated the button is lit blue, and when Vinyl mode is turned off the led is not lit.

2. I have sent the txt file to your email as requested.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Cheers.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 6:10 am
I work good with my Sc2900, but I just want to know how to change the colors, I tried everything settings but nothing works, I think is VDJ8, if someone knows how please let me know.

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 2:29 pm
djmatanzero wrote :
I work good with my Sc2900, but I just want to know how to change the colors, I tried everything settings but nothing works, I think is VDJ8, if someone knows how please let me know.

Slighty off topic but all good :D

There's nothing wrong with VDJ v8.

Changing the jog indicator colour in the settings menu will only apply when you're using CDs, USB thumb drives or when connected to Denon's Engine Software via Ethernet. Not when the players are connected to VDJ v8 via USB cables.

The jog indicator colours you see on the players when using VDJ8 is derived from the midi mapper. It has nothing to do with settings in the players menu.

I too would like to change the colour of the jogs when I am using v8 to one of the negative modes although I am not sure how to modify the mapper and I have tried but with no luck.

Someone like DJDad would need to chime in as he is the mapping expert.

*Edit* I should add that the problem in my original post was fixed by the team and very promptly. Thanks Babis.

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 5:17 pm

Sorry but I post everywhere and no one answer lol, I just would like to choose the color I want, is not to important, anyway thanks for your answer, if you find how to do it please let me know.

Posted Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 2:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)