Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Requesting help replacing the default VDJ8 filter with the add-on SBDJ filter.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings, can anyone help me write a command that would replace the default VDJ 8 filter with the SBDJ Filter? My goal is to use the dedicated filter knob with that high/low filter instead of the default one. But, it's also important that the second slider (there are only 2) stays at 100% as that one controls the SBDJ Filter's resonance and I want it on max all the time.

Any help would be massive. I can't figure this one out on my own even though it should be easy.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 8:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
swap the default filter mapping for this,

effect_slider "filter_sbdj" 1

add this to your Oninit

deck 1 effect_active "filter_sbdj" & deck 2 effect_active "filter_sbdj"
(if you use decks 3, 4, 42 include them too)

If you use the effect_disable_all script amend it with & effect_active "filter_sbdj"

as for slider 2 set it to 100% and never touch it again.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 9:53 pm
This seems to only control the effect saved to the first slot no matter what effect that is. But, that has me thinking. Is there a way to designate that a knob controls the active effect? This way I can trigger an effect and then use this knob to control the first slider?

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 11:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Working here so I'm not sure what is wrong, check your typing.

effect_slider [Slot Number or "Effect name"] (if neither is declared then this defaults to slot 1) [slider number]

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 5:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)