Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: fix required. vdj8 sync to mixer settings.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,
I think I've brought this up previously and asked other people.
When using my American Audio MXR19 with Vdj8 it very rarely mimics the settings on the desk/controller. Choosing instead, by default, to put everything to full. The master volume, sliders, headphones, and all the eq to 12 oclock.
This is not good as it blasts everything full pelt if you forget to manually move the sliders on the desk.
If you move the sliders and knobs they then sync. But if you don't they wont.
I have used the take over for instant, gradual and pickup, all to no use.
Very occasionally on start up (maybe one in twenty) they WILL auto sync.
When using VDJ7 everything sync on start up, no problem at all.
This bug is preventing me from using live, as its so sad to forget and start with everything full blast, which could damage equipment.

Any help/fix appreciated.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 10:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I assume that you are using the 19MXR in Controller mode (you wouldnt have this issue in Mixer mode since the sound is handled by the MXR in this case)
In Controller mode the sound is handled by VirtualDJ.
What you are experiencing is unfortunately a fault of the AA MXR firmware, which doesnt report the position of the sliders when the unit initializes, therefore VirtualDJ doesnt know where the sliders are until you move them
VirtualDJ initializes with all faders to maximum. If you want to bypass this, you can add in the ONINIT key of the Controller mode mapping file the following..
...... & deck 1 volume 0% & deck 2 volume 0% & deck 3 volume 0% & deck 4 volume 0%

I would also suggest to use gradual or instant for this controller in the settings

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 2:09 pm
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure i quite agree. Every now and again the mixer/controller and vdj8 will sync automatically on start up. So it can do it, but then next load it just doesn't.

It also works absolutely fine with vdj7 using the same mixer/controller/laptop etc.

If I flick the Usb/analogue selector it instantly recognises all the eq for that channel.

I don't want to have to tweak every button on start up to avoid damage to equipment or lack of eq on channels.

It is this one remaining reason that is stopping me from using vdj8.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 4:12 pm
so what you are saying is that each time version 7 starts, the faders at the skin get automatically the position of the actual faders of the MXR ??

I know about the erratic behavior of all the AA products actually. Sometimes some of the faders report their positions and some not. The MIDILOG switchers usually help with that, but you cant really move back n forth those switchers each time you need the faders to align.

Btw, version 7 didnt have any ghost faders, so it was using the "instant" mode, which of course you can use with version 8 as well.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 4:23 pm
Yes, with vdj7 it automatically mimics the desk perfectly everytime without fail.

Id say it does it about 1 in 20 on vdj8.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 5:00 pm
Weird, i tried with the 14MXR here and VirtualDJ 7 and never got it to read the positions of the faders.
I asked from another Support member to take a look at the 19MXr, just in case we have missed something for that.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 5:52 pm
Thanks, much appreciated.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 6:09 pm
Just tried it 20 times on the same machine, switching between programmes.
10 on the vdj8 - never syncd once.
10 on vdj7 - syncd and got all volumes and eq correct 10 times.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 6:34 pm
Can you try something for me please..
Use Miditrace http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe
Select the MXR from both the right- top and right-bottom boxes you will see there.
Click on the Send button.
Does it send any data when the Send button is pressed ?

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 6:41 pm
thanks.

yes, it sends:

F0 7E 7F 06 02 00 01 70 03 00 03 00 08 04 00 00 F7
B2 1F 2B 00
B2 1F 2A 00
B2 1F 29 00

the value at the top in the box is:
F0 7E 7F 06 01 F7

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 7:02 pm
Hi, any news on this please?

Posted Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 7:09 am
Any news on the midi results? Thanks.

Posted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 12:55 pm
any news on this anyone?

i'll have to report it if i cant get it fixed.

its no use if it cant map to vdj8. especially as ive said and proven it maps to vdj7 every time. its going to damage my equipment.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 2:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)