Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Play button disables mysteriously and configuration issues - Win10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have two issues with the current version. I'm using Windows 10, FYI:
First, the play button mysteriously disabled for reasons I can't explain about six or seven songs into a set. Not a good thing at all. The play button is recognized on the NuMark N4, but not on the software(and it doesn't play anything). Also, it would be recognized on the software (without playing back), but not in the N4.

Second, the configuration doesn't work as it should. With a CPU Speaker/Numark N4 headphone setup, it worked fine in Windows 8, but in Windows 10, I have to keep adjusting it, but it works if I start Virtual DJ in a CPU soundcard/CPU soundcard configuration, changing it to CPU soundcard/NuMark N4 before it finally works. But it is nice that the bass is being sent to the headphone now...

Thanks,
Patrick

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 11:09 pm
A follow up... the configuration issues do NOT exist in Windows 8.1. This is definite a Windows 10 issue. I did indeed try uninstalling/re-installing Virtual DJ.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 11:24 pm
If you need reliability, why have you installed a brand new operating system? :-/

There's a saying. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :-)

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 6:47 pm
Well, fortunately, I easily could go back to 8.1, and everything worked fine when I went back. As I said, this is a Windows 10 issue.

So I'll just chalk it up to 25 years of software programming experience(recreational and professional) and say I was testing the software and wanted to help the Virtual DJ programmers out a bit. :)

Posted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 1:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)