Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Is Rewire correctly implemented in Virtual-DJ 8 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SlolyHome userMember since 2015
Trying to overlay songs with various grooves coming from FL-Studio Loops during "live editing" in FL-Studio.
So the advertised Rewire-Feature of Virtual-DJ 8 is under test right now.

It is just not implemented in a way the original Rewire-idea intended it's use, as it seems.

First a correctly implemented and working scenario which I did test earlier:
Reaper as Rewire-Master and FL-Studio as Rewire slave.
When Tempo in Reaper is changed, FL-Studio follows.
Even the song position follows, so not only the BPM are always kept matching, but also the beat position is always matching.

Now to Virtual-DJ 7:
Virtual-DJ 7 is Rewire master, FL-Studio is slave.
I can adjust the pitch slider of the AUX-deck, and FL-Studio follows the BPM.
But the song position is not transmitted to FL-Studio, so the Beats position is off and even drifts over time.
So Rewire is not usable in Virtual-DJ 7.

Now to Virtual-DJ 8 (2369):
Virtual-DJ 8 is Rewire master, FL-Studio is slave.
I can *not* adjust the pitch slider of the AUX-deck, so FL-Studio follows not any BPM, it just free-wheels.
Even the Play button of the AUX-deck is locked (always ON).
The song position is also not transmitted to FL-Studio, so the Beats position is off and drifts over time.
So Rewire is not usable in Virtual-DJ 8.

Needless to say this Rewire "feature" costs $99 (Needed "Controller" License: "Analog Mixer" License (?!?)),
so I had only 10 minutes to try - and fail.

Anybody has success-stories using Rewire beat-synced in Virtual-DJ 8 ?

I would somehow consider the $99, if the feature Rewire-Master would be working as advertised (or as working in Reaper (for only $60, for all Controllers in the world, just to compare price ranges)).

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 10:55 am

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 11:59 am
SlolyHome userMember since 2015
According to my post above it is partially implemented but not really usable on Windows. (The FL-Studio Rewire slave was a hint, that I'm on Windows).
And yes, since Virtual-DJ 8 is only 32 bit, I connect to the FL-Studio 32 bit version accordingly. It connects, audio is coming in, but all beat-/sync-related parts are not implemented in the Windows-version of Virtual-DJ 8.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)