Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Win 10 - Denon SC2900/DN-X1600 sound issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I installed Win 10 on a spare Dell e6410 for testing out Win10 64bit (I have a perfectly functioning win7 64bit machine for gigging and it works with the same hardware) and whenever I try to configure either the DN-X1600 as the soundcard or the SC2900s as the soundcard, soon as I click apply VDJ8 just closes. No pop ups or dialogue boxes, it just closes.

It seems to work if I have the same channel selected for each deck (i.e channel 1,2) but when I try to configure each deck with a separate channel then click apply it simply closes and doesn't restart. I made sure in the ASIO panel for the Denon ASIO driver (v2.22) that the X1600 was enabled when I tried to configure it and same as when I tried the 2900s.

I left the WIFI running so it was connected to the net and was logged into my account so I was wondering did it send any crash reports?

I'm only testing with this machine so it's not mission critical just wondering what the issue is.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 6:15 am
Been having another go at this and I have been able to get the above hardware to work.

I should add this was tested on a fresh install of Win 10. Not an upgrade and I did try uninstall/reinstall of the ASIO driver using CCleaner to clean the registry as well.

In order for me to be able to use it with VDJ8 I had to right click on the VDJ icon then run the "troubleshoot compatibility" in Windows 10. I selected "This program worked in earlier version of Windows" then selected Windows 7.

After doing this I was able to configure the ASIO driver with the correct channel outputs for the DN-X1600.

I have noted that other people are using the Denon ASIO v2.22 driver with other hardware and don't seem to have any issues.

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 7:59 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I can submit this bug. I just installed my denon asio driver 2.22 from http://www.denondjforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11486.
Then I tried to apply my saved settings from my win 8.1 system, but it failed. After restarting my channels were "renamed" (see picture)

On top of that I exactly had the same issues as you had!! I used your little "trick" to get it work, but honestly I'm not satisfied with this. Thats really a big error that has to be fixed! Any other experiences here with this error?

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 6:24 pm
Denon products are just not steady with virtual dj. I can't count how many minor/major bugs I've had and still sometimes encounter with my denon x1600 and 3700s.

Problems I still encounter -
Sometimes virtual dj does not register my x1600 midi commands, which makes me have to restart the mixer and program up to 5 times to get it to register them
My denon 3700s ALWAYS skip when pressing play/pause
Sometimes vdj does not let me apply deck 1/deck 2 to the actual asio driver sound card, which makes me have to restart the program up to 5 times to get it working properly
Half the time I used vdj 8 effects, they don't actually work? Makes no sense. I click an effect, and it highlights, but does not execute
VDJ 8 continually crashes sometimes when I update it

There's definitely more I'm missing

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 7:32 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djmrmc wrote :
I'm only testing with this machine so it's not mission critical just wondering what the issue is.

Had a quick look at the crash report on your account and it's a crash in the Denon ASIO driver.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 7:37 pm
SBDJ wrote :
djmrmc wrote :

Had a quick look at the crash report on your account and it's a crash in the Denon ASIO driver.

Cheers Scott.

I figured as much.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 7:53 pm
@NextG

From memory that's how the audio config panel looked for me too in Win10 I think. I suspect the only proper fix will be Denon releasing an updated ASIO driver but I am not holding my breath just as I wouldn't bother posting on their "unofficial" DJ forum about problems like this as the post would most likely be immediately deleted or you would get a lecture about using Win 10 or some long winded answer that doesn't really help you.

@DJ Bertie

Maybe I've just been lucky but the 2900s and the x1600 work great for me under Win7 64bit using v8 or v7. Touch wood.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 8:00 pm
Seems I spoke to soon!

Nothing posted on the DenonDJ forums, Denon DJ website (as an announcement) about this but rather posted to the DenonDJ facebook page. Smh....... There is now a 32/64bit driver for the x1600. Denon DJ DN-X1600 1.0.1

You can download it on the X1600 page on the Denon website. http://denondj.com/products/view/dn-x1600

There doesn't appear to be an updated DDJ ASIO driver for the 2900s though. Still listed as v2.22

I don't have a chance to test or a machine running Win10 at the moment but hopefully it may help and solve the problem.

Posted Fri 06 Nov 15 @ 8:54 pm
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I just installed the driver and it seems to work without compatibility mode. My channel's names changed to following:

The panel is shown by the new denon driver. As you can see it differs from the asio driver 2.22.

But I dont know what would happen if I install the asio driver for my dn s3700 because there is no new driver for them.

Posted Sat 07 Nov 15 @ 10:47 am
No one gets it. Installing these new drivers does nothing. The problems we have are connected with the virtual dj 8 program, not our gear. Every virtual dj representative has told me its my gear. ITS NOT OUR GEAR OR DRIVERS, ITS YOUR PROGRAM.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 15 @ 5:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)