Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 Screen Resolution errors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can not fix this. All is good on my laptop but when displayed on my Desktop PC or another Laptop, this happens at 1600x900 settings. VDJ 7 does not have this problem. No matter what I set the resolution to on the desktop it stays the same, scrambled graphics. It is not a driver or video software issue.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 2:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's clearly an issue with the skin itself, since I'm guessing other skins don't do the same.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 2:10 pm
Thank You SBDJ, that is what I needed to know. I had thought that too. If anyone has ideas of what could be wrong with this skin, please let me know?
djdad may know what the fix is.
Thank You all for your help.
Jon J.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 7:23 pm
Possibly something to do with the fact there are buttons below the top line of the browser (on the left hand side).

VDJ8 does not like other buttons below the browser line as the messes up the auto-resize/rescaling capabilities.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 9:14 am
It is one of Zanard's skins and they are all programmed for 1920x1200 resolution.

That is why it will not downsize properly.

Keith

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 10:23 am
Yes it is a Zanard Skin. I really enjoy his work. I got it fixed by setting the XML's file skin size from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 and everything lined up perfectly for the resolution of my desktop PC 1600x900 all though the bottom of the screen is some what cut off but it is still ok and very useable. Thank You for the advice about the buttons being below the browser, that is a very good thing to know.
Thanks Much!
Jon J.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 12:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)