Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Distorted sound VDJ8 DVS, Denn Dn MC 6000 & HerculesDeejay 4&6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sound is coming out distorted through speakers. I'm using VDJ8 time code vinyl. I have the RCA inputs into line 1&2 on the Herc coming from the turntables, the outputs are into line 1&2 on the controller. I have the headphones plugged into the controller. In the program decks are on 1&2 nd the headphones are on 3&4. Ive tried my studio monitors & my speakers and the sound is till distorted. I tried switching channels & Wasapi to Asio and nothing. Drivers are updates & yes I turned off efx4 on both sides of the controller. PC windows 8.1 also. Anybody have an issue like this?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 5:31 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
IIRC the Hercules Trim is not compatible with VDJ 8.

If someone knows better, please correct me.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Trim is supported in ver 8 of course.

@NELVR61521 You need to troubleshoot and find out where the distortion comes from.
Try with the Trim but only with mouse and keyboard.
Try without the Trim but with your controller
Try without both

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:41 pm
djdad wrote :
Trim is supported in ver 8 of course.

@NELVR61521 You need to troubleshoot and find out where the distortion comes from.
Try with the Trim but only with mouse and keyboard.
Try without the Trim but with your controller
Try without both

Thanks DJDad.
Sounds perfect w/o the controller, just mouse/keyboard
Controller alone works fine as I use it every weekend(gigs)
Just the laptop alone sounds fine.
Are there any known issues with the DN MC 6000? Do I need to get a plain Jane mixer?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 6:34 pm
But you are using the Trim as a sound card, right ?
If Trim is used and no Denon, then no sound issue ?
If so, then something is wrong with the Denon as MIDI (since the sound is not affected by that), or am i wrong ?

Can you also post a screenshot of your Audio setup of VirtualDJ ?

And just some crazy thoughts...
Uninstall both Denon an Hercules drivers. Restart your computer. Install just the Trim drivers (dont install the Denon ones). See if the issue is still there.
Kind of crazy, but there could be a conflict with the drivers.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 9:26 pm
Uninstalled both drivers & reinstalled the Herc 1st. It wouldn't read the timecode without the ASIO so I reinstalled the Denon drivers & I'm back to square one. I'm fine if I play through the interface but if I plug the turntables output from the Herc to the Denon line 1 and the speakers connected to the Denon, I get the same crap sound. I switched lines from aux to line 1,2, midi & same thing.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 11:16 pm
Kinda weird audio configuration. Shouldn't be Master & Headhones (or Deck 1 and Deck 2) instead of deck 1 & Headphones ??
Are you using the MC6000 in External or Internal mode ? http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html

Btw, since you have installed the Hercules drivers, can you try to use the Hercules ASIO drivers instead of the WASAPI ones ?

Btw, Denon ASIO drivers are not needed if not mistaken, in case you only use the unit as MIDI controller and the sound is handled by the Trim.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 12:24 am
Problem solved! Got super busy & didn't have a moment to log on. I had the output of the Herc going into the controller. Sometimes it's the most basic crap that gets us. Put the output to the speakers coming from the Herc and all is right with the world now. Sound is crisp & clear. Thanks for all the help!

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 2:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)