Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: advanced script question: goto next cue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi! I think I'm pretty good in writing scripts but this seems to be a too hard to solve for me. I Know that there is some real script guru's like locodog out there so I ask...
Simply: How to jump to the next cue? Meaning that when deck is playing, I want to press a button that makes the track to jump from current position to the nearest cue coming next on the waveform. Got it? Possible cue points that I use are cue 1-12. No need to write scirpt for all 99 cue points :)
Thank you!

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
99 cues? that limit was broken long ago.

compare the current song_pos against cue_pos 1, if song_pos is less go to cue 1, if more compare song_pos against cue_pos 2 and so on.
This will only really work if cues are set chronologically.
(haven't tested but it will be something like that)

There was a next cue thing but I can't find it, I think it was to a skin thing to display the name of the up coming cue so you could warn yourself by naming a cue "8 beat overrun" and you'd see this label before you hit the cue.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 8:23 am
Cues are not (always) in chornological order :/ : I thought there could be a way to store the difference to a variable. Maybe if I set12 variables of 12 cues and then compare which are the closest etc?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 8:41 am
When the song is stopped there is some function (If I remember right) that cycles between cues, in chronological order. What if i copy song to third deck, then cycle to next one, copy it back to original deck and play? Too hard to implement? :P

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 8:43 am
No cloning out won't cut it, the stop/cycle cues function stops and goes to the start,

Ow my brain hurts, my intuition tells me this is possible just a HUGE amount of script is required,
(and I mean huge)

personally I'd rework the idea with goto +/- X or buy the hw to have every cue on a button (or script every cue to a kb key)

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 4:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
A small application that would edit the database and reorder the Cues that are not in chronological order would be much easier ;)

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 7:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've sent the OP a little something that might help him ;)

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 3:10 am
just for clarity, could you compare cue 1 name against get next cue name?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 6:10 am
Thanks sbdj and locodog! i will try these when I get to my setup! :)

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 6:21 am
Must thank sbdj for what he did, it solved the problem! :)

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 4:26 am
cue_select -1 & goto_cue

cue_select +1 & hot_cue ? goto_cue : cue_select -1 & goto_cue

That should help you! The first will be go back a cue point, and the second command is to jump forward through your cue points. Great for controllers with minimal hot cue buttons. Hope that helps!!!

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 1:43 pm
dj jello2dub, thank you very much!

I deleted everything before the & on the second line and it works perfectly!

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 10:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)