Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Not Sure If I'm Posting In The Right Area ? Having (Files To Be Scanned) Problems.....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

so after i add some music files to my DJ laptop running VDJ8 i click on (Files To Be scanned) & select Batch,Analyze For BPM Etc thebn say i dj the saturday & by lets say tue & or wed i add more songs only like 30-50 songs it always shows files to be scanned like over 400+ songs or so. so i will scan all them songs again close out VDJ 8 click on files to be scanned and it will show none. but after i dj my next gig more songs show up in that dang folder as not scanned ? any suggestions ?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:51 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe there are some files VDJ hasn't seen before and therefore do not show up in the filter folder.
But if you DJ and browse some folders containing such "never seen before" files, they will then show up in the filter folder.

So do the following:
Rightclick on every drive you have tracks on, select recurse, select all files in the browser and "add to search DB".
Now go to your filter folder and scan all files.
If you add new files, only those should show up.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 7:28 am
PachN wrote :
Maybe there are some files VDJ hasn't seen before and therefore do not show up in the filter folder.
But if you DJ and browse some folders containing such "never seen before" files, they will then show up in the filter folder.

So do the following:
Rightclick on every drive you have tracks on, select recurse, select all files in the browser and "add to search DB".
Now go to your filter folder and scan all files.
If you add new files, only those should show up.

than for that info.what does (recure) do & i only have one hd & i always right click on (My Music) and choose add to database. as a matter of fact i let my laptop on over night while it scanned all my 30,000 something files. just to make sure i scanned all my song but after djing my next gig (which i no i didny play over 400 songs) alot of song will show up in the files to be scanned folder ?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 12:49 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djtyme209 wrote :
& i only have one hd & i always right click on (My Music) and choose add to database.

That should indeed be enough to get all songs...

Recurse will travel the whole folder structure starting with the folder you recurse on and display all tracks included in that folder, its subfolders and subfolders of subfolders etc...

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:06 am
"alot of song will show up in the files to be scanned folder"

I'm sorry, but where is this folder located? Is this a folder that you made up?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 11:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)