Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: How to get current browser window using vdjscript

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong area, couldn't find a forum area specifically for vdjscript.

anyway I'm a visually impaired user of vdj8, and use keyboard mappings for nearly everything, I am currently creating some extra keyboard scripts.

I have been trying to identify which current browser window is active, eg 'songs' 'folders' 'automix' 'karaoke' etc

I have tried mapping the following to the 'o' key for quick access to options for example.

browser_window & param_equal "folders" ? browser_options : browser_window & param_equal "songs" ? view_options : browser_window & param_equal "automix" ? playlist_options : browser_window & param_equal "karaoke" ? karaoke_options : nothing

but this doesn't appear to work... probably not possible to get param from browser_window.

anybody any ideas

also does anybody know how to identify file type currently highlighted in the browser, eg audio, karaoke, video
I have tried

get_browsed_song "type" but no idea if 'type' is a valid argument.

anyway thanks

some of the above script commands I've just done basically from memory and could be slightly wrong, but hopfully you the idea lol

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 7:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So you want a keyboard button to offer the "Options" menu of the focused Browser window ?
If that is so, try ..
browser_window 'folders' ? browser_options : browser_window 'songs' ? view_options : sideview 'automix' ? playlist_options : sideview 'karaoke' ? karaoke_options : sideview 'sampler' ? sampler_options : nothing

These 3 actions assigned to a LED or a custom button should turn on depending on the File type
get_browsed_song 'type' & param_equal 'audio' ? on : off
get_browsed_song 'type' & param_equal 'video' ? on : off
get_browsed_song 'type' & param_equal 'karaoke' ? on : off

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 8:02 pm
Thank you @djdad
that's the browser options sorted (thought id tried that, obviously didn't lol)

anyway the reason behind getting the file type is because I use 'a' to add tracks to the playlist as they are requested so I keep track. and I use 'k' to add karaoke tracks to the karaoke list.

I want to put both command on the 'a' key instead like this:

get_browsed_song 'type' & param_equal 'karaoke' ? karaoke_add : get_browsed_song 'type' & param_equal 'audio' ? playlist_add : nothing

problem with this is that it does add something to the relevant list, but not the actual track highlighted in the browser. I get something called 'audio' pop up in the automix list for example.

any ideas

thanks

i

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 4:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)