Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loop issues... not seemless, a small gap is left.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Having been a long user of VDJ 7, and using loops to seamlessly mix songs, it is a must feature for me, so upon downloading VDJ 8, I attempted a very simple auto 4 beat loop, only to find at the end of each loop it does loop back to the start as it should, but in no way is it seamless, there seems to be a very small gap or jump between the loops, meaning the loop just sounds terrible, I also have v7 installed on the same PC, and still loops seamlessly, even unnoticeably. I have downloaded several older builds as well as the latest Beta 2369, all having the same issue, it preforms as it should, just no where near as good as it should, and the loop sounds like I am just moving the track very out of place with any sort of beat. I have tried other beat lengths, and setting my own, with all the smart and auto settings on and off and it makes no difference. Please help, whether this is just due to the new v8 engine, or is just a setting on my PC.

Thanks,
James

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 7:41 am
Upon further experimentation with sample rates and any other setting I could think of, still no change.
It seems to briefly cut all sound at the end of the loop, giving a small drop in output levels before/during the next loop begins, meaning the change is not seamless.

Any ideas?

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 7:42 am
Almost as it is attempting to very quickly fade in the looped section after the loop has ended.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 7:49 am
With some more fiddling, I have managed to fix the issue, by changing the sample rate from 'Automatic (19....)' (the default value) to 'Automatic (44100)', and then restarting the program gives me smooth looping.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 8:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)