Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 Bugs.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, I've encountered several bugs while using VDJ 8 with my Pioneer DDJ SX2.

1) Audio/Interface Freeze - The audio and corresponding waveform will freeze for 2-3 seconds, then quickly fast forwards and resumes from where it would have been playing if not for the freeze. I guess the best way to describe it would be to imagine holding the platter for 2-3 seconds to stop playback then quickly jogging the platter forward to the point it would have been and releasing it to continue playback. This problem surfaced since a few updates ago. I'm currently running on Build 2352.

2) Effect "Strength" knob freeze. This usually occurs on the right deck. I can't remember if it has ever occurred on the left deck. When the strength knob is turned down to 0, it sometimes freezes there and does not respond to knob movements on the ddj sx. I'll have to restart the software to get it to work again.

I should add that I'm running on a MacBook Pro Mid 2010 model, OSX 10.9.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 4:47 am
Just wondering if this has been addressed or is a known issue?

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 8:11 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi,

I’m so sorry but I can’t repoduce it at all on my side.
I also use a Mac and the SX2 without any problem.

Please be so kind and check on plugin side to ude only version8 effects.
Version7 ones, can cause big problems.
Also if you would try to use a version7 skin with version8.

Have you already tried to do a clean reinst.?

Please delete the setting.xml and start again Version8 and try it like shown default.

Do you have updated the firmware?

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 3:55 am
I've just carried out a clean install of version 8. Will test it out for a couple days and report back. Thanks chief!

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 5:35 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
You're welcome :)

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)