Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: novation Launchpad Mk2, teething troubles

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,
I just got this thing a few days ago so I'm still playing around with it, but, I have noticed that when I try to use the bank,mode, or volume buttons it acts rather strangely.
1. The bank and mode buttons move 2 steps at a time, I've tried pressing very lightly, but it doesn't make a difference. It always moves one page when I press it down and then another on release.
2. The sampler volume buttons make the sampler volume start to twitch and the volume dial moves 5% up and down constantly, even if I then adjust the vol dial on my skin it keeps on twitching, have to close vdj to stop it happening.
My Specs:
win 8.1, vdj8, build 2362, bad ass desktop pc, DDJ Wego.
I'm using the default mapping(plug and play) for the launchpad.
Any help would be apprieciated
thx
ray

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 4:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you please provide some data ...

Use this application http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe
Select the Launchpad MKII from the right side (in both boxes)
Press the Sampler Bank Prev button and then release.
Can you provide the data the button sends when pressed and when released (type here or provide screenshot)

Normally you should get ..
B0 68 7F (when pressed)
B0 68 00 (when released)

If the data is not that way, then maybe you have loaded some Profile that could make the buttons act like toggle or provide velocity ?

Thank you

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 5:16 am
ok, thanks dldad, heres what I got;
B0 68 7F 00
B0 68 00 00

which seems to be normal?

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 5:35 am
Can you reproduce the Sampler Bank selection issue with the Miditrace application ?
I mean , each time you press and keep the button down you should get B0 68 7F 00 (only one line), and then if you release, you should get the B0 68 00 00.
Is there any case where you get more than one of those data lines, while you testing ?

If the Sampler Banks are not selected one by one in VirtualDJ, each time you press the button, then it means that the software received the same data 2 times.
I took a look at the mapping files and found no error.

In the Settings -->CONTROLELRS tab, do you see the Launchpad MKII only once in the Devices list ? Do yo also get any other devices ?
Does it happen if you have just the Launchpad MKII connected and no other ?

Any chance you are using an application similar to LoopBe ??

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 10:08 am
Don't bother, i think i found the issue.

Launch VirtualDJ, let it run idle for a minute (to silently update controller files) and then re-launch.
Make sure your build number ends at xxxx.1039 (or higher)

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 10:17 am
Thaaaankyoooou!
.1039 works like a dream, you da man!
but if I find anythin else to quote Arnie "I'll be back"
best wishes
ray

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 10:45 am
it's me again(lol)
first off, I don't have a gig in five minutes where I need to use this amazing little thing, but, at least in my opinion this is still on topic.
3. the shift button, bottom right(Record Arm) doesn't seem to function in conjunction with the sample pads like it should. it doesn't stop the sample when in mute/unmute or repeat mode.

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 11:09 am
Don't want to hijack, but a question. Is this same as the Launchpad Pro? I posted about it yesterday and would love to talk to someone who uses it. My post and questions are a little bit below this topic currently.

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 2:53 pm
Hello DMaycock13,
if i may take your question into account, no, this is not the same as your post. I was reffering to the Launchpad Mk 2, and as far as I know these are 2 very different things. I decided that I do not need all of the features that the "pro" offers.
I just need a interface that can offer me so many pretty lights, 'cos I use it in conjunction with a WeGo.
sorry that I can't help you with your questions

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 4:49 pm
Thank you for the reply! Good luck!!!

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 4:50 pm
thx bro'

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 5:01 pm
raypitman wrote :
the shift button, bottom right(Record Arm) doesn't seem to function in conjunction with the sample pads like it should. it doesn't stop the sample when in mute/unmute or repeat mode.

Fixed in builds ending at xxxx.1042

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 7:41 pm
now that's what I call good service, thankyou very much, it seems to be working perfectly!
all the best
ray

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 2:51 am
I'm back again(lol)
This is just a request and not a teething trouble so I hope it's still ok to post it here, if it can't be done it's ok, but it would be very nice if ...
the vertical buttons Nr. 4 & 5(send b & stop) could be exactly the same as the pages (vertical buttons) 2 & 3 but for decks 3 & 4 instead of 1 & 2
I hope that makes sense, I've tried looking in the mapping to do it myself, but it's way beyond my capability, the few remaining grey cells that I have just can't handle it.
thx
ray

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 9:32 am
Since the device is actually mapped as left-right, all you need is to assign a button (or 2) to switch deck 1 with deck 3 and deck 2 with deck 4.
If you havent mapped anything to page 7, you can use the 7th Vertical button to switch the deck.

BUT_VERT_7 : var '$shift' ? deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck : deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck.
RGB_BUT_VERT_7 : deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck ? constant 'magenta' ? constant 'blue' : deck 4 rightdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck ? constant 'magenta' : constant 'red' : off

Use the button to switch the left decks.
Hold SHIFt and then use the button to switch right decks.
If decks 3 and 4 are selected as left and right, LED will become purple.
If deck 3 is left and deck 2 is right, LED will become blue
If deck 1 is left and deck 4 is right , LED will become red.
If decks 1 and 2 are left/right, LED will be Off.

Alternatively you could create 2 buttons instead of one (with better LED feedback), if e.g. page 6 is not used (you could still use a SHIFT action to create more pages with the existing page buttons)

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 11:31 am
Thankyou DJDad,
oh yes I like where that's going, except that it won't switch back to deck 1, when I press once it changes to deck 3(it even changes the deck on my WeGo as well!) but when I press again it still stays on deck 3
with shift decks 2 & 4 change super
I used cut and paste with the scripts so I don't think it's a typo from my side.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:27 pm
Check the action again.. Delete the dot at the end :)

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:32 pm
dot deleted and works super, even backwards when I change the decks on my WeGo the launchpad follows.
I do believe that you are my hero today!
thankyou
but as you know ... I'll be back ;)

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:50 pm
and here I am again, I hope that I'm not getting on your nerves, but this little thing is just so fantastic that I'm having fun playing with it.
so here's the next one;
the red hot cue buttons(page 2) are too bright if they hav'nt been assigned, it's hard to tell the difference between the empty and the assigned buttons, would it be possible to make the empty buttons a bit(or a lot) darker, so that I can see the difference at a glance?

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 3:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)