Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song Pauses For No Apparent Reason When Swapping Decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-Start VDJ with all defualts....skin and mapper.
-load a song on deck 1
-press play on NS7II
-press "3" on controller to swap deck to 3
-press "left" within the SKIN to swap the deck
Result: After a second or two of playing, deck 1 pauses or stops and will not react until deck 1 is selected on controller.

Reverse the actions for the deck numbers and its the same for deck 3 . Deck 2 and 4 do the same thing.

I Just started to try deck swapping using 4 decks, so I don't know how long this problem was here or if this is suppose to happen. My gut say no.
Issue is on both my computers. laptop is on version 2282.1038 and home pc is on 2352.1027

None of my other controllers seem to exhibit this problem

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 1:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why do u have to press the LEFT/RIGHT buttons on the skin ?
I think the buttons on the NS7II change that (at least in the default mapping)

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 5:29 am
Yes you are correct. However, if it is accidentally changed in the skin, it causes problems that is difficult to correct. It's like saying "don't hit the escape button". Sometimes, you just do.

None of the other controllers I have has this issue that I can see. So, shouldn't this problem be addressed?

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 9:33 am
I need to know 2 things please:

1 - Can this be reproduced with anyone else?
2 - If others are having this issue, wouldn't this be considered a "bug" and not a "feature" ?

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 1:30 pm
I dont have the NS7II at the moment (was a loan), but as far as i can recall, it was like that , yes.
Unfortunately it cannot be changed/fixed (jogs will not work correctly if the mapper is changed not to take left/right deck status into account) , so you need to be careful with those LEFT/RIGHT buttons (or disable/delete from the skin)

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 8:19 pm
Ok, Fair enough.

I would like to continue this topic, but it will go slightly into the direction of "skining" (The topic was both Bug related and skin related... so please move if needed)
Not sure if I should open new thread...

Anyway, is there a command for the skin that can detect the ns7II? That way, I can build it into the skin to only show buttons when the controller is not connected.

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 9:37 pm
try to add visibility to the LEFT/RIGHt swap buttons like ..
<button action="theactionithasalready" visibility="get_controller_name & param_equal 'Numark NS7II' ? false : true"

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 8:25 am
djdad wrote :
param_equal 'Numark NS7II' ? false : true"

This part doesn't seem to work.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 3:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)