Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-SR and Virtual DJ 7.4.x

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

For those of you who have a DDJ-SR, and are experiencing wierd dragging, audio glitching behaviour in VDJ7.4.x

- switch off the unit and hold down LEFT SHIFT + LEFT PLAY button - then switch the unit on.
This will launch into Utilities mode 1 and adjust using the Left Shift button the MIDI jog dial, to max 13/14ms) -
see page 27 of the Pioneer Manual on the DDJ-SR on the topic 'Adjusting the jog dial’s MIDI message sending interval'

while you are in Utlilties mode 1, be sure to check the left KEYLOCK is lit up (for "other" mode than Serato)

Next power down the unit, and it will save the settings.

Power On again and launch VDJ7.4.x

I ended up adjusting it to the max (longest) MIDI send time just to be sure. but you can try lower settings I guess.

Been tearing my hair out on this one for a few days, but ultimately, I hit upon that this is the problem.
Perhaps the DDJ-SR unit cannot communicate correctly with VDJ7. I realise it was a total and complete ground up re-write for
VDJ8 so maybe that's why there is no problem. It doesn't solve the lagging crossfader completely,
But no audio glitches appear, and it solves audio drop outs, and severe glitching when spinning both decks at once.

Of course, I raised a support ticket with Atomix, but they did not reply, so I had to delve into this myself.
None of these issue occur in VDJ8. but using this unit in VDJ7.4.x does come with some limitations.
Also check the Vinyl mode is on, as I had some problems with the toggling of that.

VDJ7 is supposedly the "more stable" program, but personally I have found that on a brand new i5 laptop and the DDJ-SR VDJ8 wins for stability.

I have googled, googled, and googled again, and scoured the net for this one, but it seems,
Atomix want to push VDJ8 which is fine, but if you are using a Pioneer DDJ-SR/SX/SB unit
it may be worth spending some time with the manual.

If I have posted this in the wrong place, etc, then please bump this to a DDJ-SR thread.

Just wanted to put this up on here, in case people are experiencing problems with spinning two decks in vinyl mode, at once in VDJ7.4.x

Cheers.

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 12:16 am
im using the ddj sr with vdj 8.2 currently...and with the settings on its lowest(3ms),response is great..but scratch sound is weird at times...i have found that a setting of 5ms is somewhat optimal...and serato mode on or off doesnt really have an impact...what settings are u using steve?

Posted Wed 17 Aug 16 @ 4:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)