Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Weird Problems!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stanl13PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello,

I have a huge problem. I'm using VirtualDJ 1.06 on a P4 2.6 with 512MB DDR and FX5200 Graphics card with xp and directx 9.

When i load a song on the first deck and before it is loaded im pressing the play button and loading a second song on the 2nd deck at the same time the program stucks. The only thing that plays correctly is the sound of music everything else is working but cannot been shown (for example im pressing the fader on the left and i hear only the 1st deck but the button stays on the middle). Imagine what happens if im trying to play a little bit with the other options. I'm also having this problem if i load a big mp3 song.PLEASE help!!!!

Posted Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 12:16 pm
I have heard of others with this problem (infact I experienced the same thing and I have a Radeon 128mb 9600 pro card in XP) Here is what I did to help clear it up. In XP you can select the "emulation Mode"...Meaning you can "trick" the program into thinking it is in a different operating system. Right click your Virtual DJ icon from the SART LIST....then you will see properties...Then click on the appropriate tab. You will see a drop down list...Choose "windows 2000". Reboot and give it a try. I don't know why, but this program doesn't seem to like XP....any comments teamers?

Thanks
Ronny582

Posted Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 5:07 pm
@stanl13
Your problem statement is not clear. If you experience lockup problems when loading "big" mp3 files, check that your Max Load setting under options is enough to accomodate the songs you are loading.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 5:15 pm
Well, the option is at maximum value...

Posted Wed 08 Oct 03 @ 10:27 am
>The only thing that plays correctly is the sound of music everything else is working but cannot been shown (for example im pressing the fader on the left and i hear only the 1st deck but the button stays on the middle).

Sounds very much like the SMP/HT incompability problem. Try go to BIOS and see if you can turn Hyper-threading off..

Posted Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 7:07 pm
What this option actually do...
I mean what if ichange it and something else on my Pc happens, are you sure that it will not cause any problem on my pc?
My biggest complain is that i bought this program and it DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY ON XP...
It's unacceptable....

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 9:25 am
Any answer from a support team member would be acceptable at least!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 2:56 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have it running on a 2ghz 512mb DDR ram laptop with XP pro on and have had no problems...

I think you have a conflict with other software... somewhere?

Try disabling the h/th in bios as suggested , just make sure you remeber what you do so you can reset it if makes no difference

Good luck

Stu

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 5:30 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, I am running it on 2 machines. 1 is XP pro, and the other is XP home. The reason I haven't offered any responce to your inquiry is that I have absolutely no problems with VirtualDJ on either of my machines. The weakest of the 2 is a laptop. An Athelon XP1300, with 512 of RAM. Your computer is much more powerful than either one of mine. I can tell you for sure that XP is not the problem. VDJ works very well on windows XP machines.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 6:38 pm
I have the same prob on mine I have XP and my comp is a P4 2600 etc should be able to cope, however when I search sometimes it freezes the bottom half of my screen then say I click on 'music' little bits of that screen appear on top of my search screen and I can't do anything this happened on friday night at a gig and I had to resort to them CD things while I shut down vdj and reopened it, it doesn't instill much confidence with me as ultimately I do not wanna carry CD's to different venues....HELP

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 12:53 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have this issue on my desktop (Athlon 1800+, 256RAM, WinXPhome), but not on my laptop, with XP PRO (pentium 1,7GHz, 256RAM).

There's a trick to NOT CLOSE vdj when it happens.

As said, the screen is freezed, but the functions happen, so click on the 'options' tab and try to remember where the 'change skin' link is. It's a bit hard but with experience it becomes easy to find. So when the skin panel is opened, change for a 800x800 skin and then reopen your favorite skin, it will rebuild and refresh the skin WHILE THE MUSIC IS PLAYING.

But this trick is no solution for me I hope this major bug will be corrected.

(Dj Rick) Are you SURE this issue never happened with you XPHome machine??

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 2:40 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 3:12 am
thanks for that i'll try it,
powers that be are you sure this has never happened before as more and more people I talk to have experienced this problem, for £80 its not really able to do what I bought it to do and thats work properly without freezing, the quickfix above is much appreciated buut isn't really a option ???? how do I go about getting my money back as this problem wasn't mentioned before and my computer is better than the recommended one???

Posted Tue 04 Nov 03 @ 10:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)