Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VIRTUAL DJ 8 KEEPS CRASHING BE AWARE!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Virtual dj 8 keeps crashing every time i try to use the video editor! even if i try to resize it, it crashes! Why is this function even there if we can't use it????This is probably my 5th post about this matter and still no answer and no solution! We pay to have half the software working or what???

Posted Thu 23 Jul 15 @ 7:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can't reproduce a crash using the Video Editor, but i am sure Dev Team will take a look at the data from your crash report we received.

Does this happen everytime you try to open the video Editor (creating a new edit, edit an existing one ..) ?
Happens with the default skin ?

Please provide some computer specs (processor, OS, video card)
Have you tried to update the drivers for your video card ?

Posted Thu 23 Jul 15 @ 8:39 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It appears the crash may be specific to a certain video file you use, do you have it with all videos you are trying to edit?

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 1:24 am
ok here are more info: my computer is a Sony Vaio i7 2.2Ghz 8 GB DDR3 RAM 2GB Nvidia 540 windows 7 64 bit. I am using the fruity v8 skin. It happens with whatever clip or mp3 i use
All songs and video clips are on internal hard drive. Computer is up to date and very clean and optimzed. All my songs are mp3 256kbit and all my video clips mp4 720p.
What i am trying to do--->>>> i have lets say a mp4 video clip of Jennifer Lopez lets get loud, but the sound quality sucks. I am trying to add that video on top of the mp3 of that song. Sometimes it won't crash. Sometimes it will. And other times if i finish video editing and go to open the tag editor it will crash. Crash and restart and sometimes just crash. You should have at least 15 crash reports. I've tried everything.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 4:59 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
While this is up for discussion, I can see how you would like to use that feature for videos. I am not trying to take away from that feature by saying that I requested that very video to be added to VJ Pro. There is an excelent copy there right now and without that live sound track that video had. In the Smash Vision series at VJ Pro they fix the audio for you, no need to do all the editing.

By all means keep going here, but I think you will save time and frustration getting videos from a dedicated DJ performance source. They will probably even give you a couple free credts to try it out if you ask, then you can get that video and solve this issue (at least with the J Lo video anyway).

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 9:29 am
DHoude wrote :
While this is up for discussion, I can see how you would like to use that feature for videos. I am not trying to take away from that feature by saying that I requested that very video to be added to VJ Pro. There is an excelent copy there right now and without that live sound track that video had. In the Smash Vision series at VJ Pro they fix the audio for you, no need to do all the editing.

By all means keep going here, but I think you will save time and frustration getting videos from a dedicated DJ performance source. They will probably even give you a couple free credts to try it out if you ask, then you can get that video and solve this issue (at least with the J Lo video anyway).

That's not the case. i just set en example with the J LO video. I buy my video clips from different pools sites. A lot of the times i can't find what i need. I have a great remix that i want to play but there is no video clip for it so i create it by using the video editor tool. I even use it on my own remixes and mashups. Its a nice and fast way and was waiting long time to use vdj8 because of this feature as well.

Weird thing now...Yesterday i checked true on the DXVA hardware acceleration settings and used video editor without a crash but my some of my video clips had a green line on the button and some were playing all green.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 1:01 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I do get that..

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 4:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)