Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Won't Recognize Traktor Kontrol S2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

I have been using Virtual DJ for quite some time now and I had a good deal on a used Traktor Kontrol S2 controller, but I am having problems with getting Virtual DJ to recognize it. I spent several hours trying to find a solution on Google, but unfortunately the only thing that might be useful is something about the PID changing between updates.

I am on the latest version of Virtual DJ (yes, I am a paid user) and Windows 7. I have install both HID and MIDI maps (in folders Devices and Mappers) and the HID Trace recognizes the controller, but Virtual DJ wont. I have attached screenshots.

I hope I was clear and thank you in advance anyone that can help me.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 4:36 pm
Shure that you tryy it with the S2 MKII ?

The old MK1 device is not HID.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 12:57 am
Kontrol S2 is not supported as it uses a propietary communication system.
Only Kontrol S2 MK2 is supported. Please clarify whether you use the Kontrol S2 or S2 MK2 model.

Kontrol S2 MK2 should have VID=17CC, PID=1320 which is not the case on your first screenshot (HID Trace)

Also please do me a favor:
With Hid Trace open (as per your first screenshot) select Kontrol S2 and move any fader on your controller (or press a button e.t.c.)
Let us know if by doing so the Hid Trace tool shows an array of data (0's and 1's)
If it does please take a screenshot and contact me directly via PM

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 2:06 am
Thank you for your help. I've attached the picture to see if it works.

I'm not sure of the model. It says Traktor Kontrol S2 at the top, but there is no indication of it being MkII (although the girl that sold it to me said it was). Hoping I can still get it working in Virtual DJ.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 8:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)