Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Files Operations: MoveTo (Move to) Command not working on Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Not knowing that this was an ongoing issue with other Mac users, I inadvertently posted the comment below on the Regression page but should have posted it here. Assuming the post over on the Regression page will be deleted, I'm reposting here. Not trying to be a pain.

....so here is the issue

My Gear:

MBP 2013 - VDJ8 - Build 2362.1034
MacAir, 2014 - VDJ8 - Build 2352.1034 ( I always keep the backup 1 or 2 builds behind)
Dell PC 2013 - VDJ8 - Build 2202.966 (Only used for practice, not normally connected to internet, never leaves home)

Issue:

On both my MBP and my MacAir, the Files operations command, MOVE TO no longer functions when trying to move files or folders from the internal drive to an external drive or vice versa.

Files Operation MOVE TO works fine when moving files and folder on the internal drive and the MOVE TO works as normal on the Dell PC.

The issue seems to be with the Macs. I’ve tried the following:

1. I’ve reverted VDJ8 to default setting
2. I’ve run Mac Permissions
3. Updated to the latest VDJ8 Build (On Main machine)
4. I've reported this on the form. Someone there confirmed that they could move files as normal but they didn’t say whether they use a Mac or PC.

The only thing I haven’t done is revert to a previous build. Mainly because since the MOVE TO command isn’t one I use frequently, I have no idea when (What build) the problem started or if in fact it never works in VDJ8.

Comment:

I have heard from a few other Mac users that they have also been able to reproduce the same issue with MoveTo. One user says it hasn't worked in over a year but he never reported it because he assumed the issue was a Mac issue since he had upgraded to Yosemite. I just discovered the issue because I only use MoveTo when I'm grooming my HD and haven't had a need to do so until now even though I've been using VDJ8 for over a year.

Thank you in advance.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 10:43 am
UPDATE: MOVE TO Files operation seems to have been fixed in one of the last couple of builds. No specific mention was made in any of the builds but the function seems to be working as it should.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 9:07 pm
Update: The Files Operation MoveTo is no longer functional on my MacBook Pro. As reported earlier, I was fixed at one point but then the no operation of the MoveTo resurfaced in later builds.

The problem has gone on for a few months now.

Posted Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 1:14 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 11 Dec 15 @ 2:40 pm

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 3:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)