Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Folder Shell Icon Bug.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have tried setting the Browser Options in VDJ8 to Show Shell Icons and is started to to show them as 7 does but then after I close VDJ8 and re-open it they are gone and back to the white folders again. This started happening after the latest patches. I would like to see the folders the way 7 sees them.

The first pic is VDJ7 that is correct for the views of the folders.

The Second pic is VDJ8 that is not showing the folder shell correctly;

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 8:09 pm
It all works as expected here, and I'm running the latest build.

If I change the shellicons option, my folders go yellow. I can then close and restart VDJ 8 and they're still yellow.

I'd suggest checking your settings.xml to check if the change is actually being written on your system.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 12:50 pm
Ok, Thanks.I will check that and see what's up? I had forgotten about the settings xml file. I will give it a look see.
Thanks again for your help.
Jon J.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 9:14 pm
Tip: You can always modify settings.xml manually if there's an issue like this...

In your case the line should be <shellicons>yes</shellicons>

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 4:29 am
Yes I found it and it is already set to yes in the XML settings file. Still no luck on getting them to show up every time. Sometimes when I load VDJ8 the folders look great and then they will go back to the white ones on the next startup. Very weird indeed.
Thank You for the reply :)
Jon J.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 2:13 pm
@ Jon J
I get that as well. Every time that I first open vdj it's all just white, and then after I open and close and open and etc. etc. etc. thru my filepaths the icons start to change slowly to the nice pretty folder icons.
so +1 for your question

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 4:28 pm
Thank You raypitman for your support to the problem. It is for sure a bug in the Icon Shell settings.
I am more than confident that it will eventually get fixed. They are doing a fantastic job with the updates. I just got the 2352 update and it has many more option settings that are now available. I am getting ready to purchase the VDJ 8 full version as it is worth the money. I want to be able to use it for gigs in the near future, for Corporate and Christmas parties eventually will be purchasing a very high quality controller, like the Pioneer WEGO3
or maybe I will go all out and get the huge Pioneer Professional controller
Jon J. :)

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 1:20 am
yes Wicked you're right(on the locked thread, I didn't want to paste it here)
and what's more is that after browsing thru my computer it shows up properly in my music!
@ TJ the DJ, try it and see if it works for you
regards
ray

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 11:13 am
Thank You ray. I will Try it and see if that helps.
Jon J.

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 10:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)