Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 2 Deck Auto Master Deck on 4 deck skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to ignore decks 3 and 4 but auto masterdeck on 1 and 2?
If not, Can I use crossfader to assign the masterdeck ?

I've tried turning masterdeck auto off and the following:

<slider class="CrossFader" action="crossfader & crossfader param_smaller 50% ? deck 1 masterdeck & crossfader param_bigger 50% ? deck 2 masterdeck"

The crossfader has no effect and not sure why

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 1:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
no need to set masterdeck auto to off. It will be set to off once a deck is set to masterdeck manually.
Use this action for the crossfader..
crossfader & param_smaller 50% ? deck 1 masterdeck on : deck 2 masterdeck on

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 1:47 pm
kinda works... but crossfader will be all the way left or all the way right. It no longer slides

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 1:59 pm
I tried with a controller fader and worked fine. If its for a skin slider, try ...
param_smaller 50% ? crossfader & deck 1 masterdeck on : crossfader & deck 2 masterdeck on

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 2:03 pm
yes! thanks.
Trying to figure out why it works.... Not sure what was wrong with my logic

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 2:07 pm
Your code worked... but I have other problems that I can not solve on my own because I don't understand the logic. please bare with me....

Let's say I wanted to make my 'play_pause' button also control deck 1 masterdeck on, but only if the crossfader is smaller than 50%
if it's bigger than 50%, activate play button and activate sampler pad 1

would it be:
action="crossfader param_smaller 50% ? deck 1 play_pause : crossfader param_bigger 50% ? sampler pad 1

this doesn't work and I don't understand why
of course this is not what I need... but if I could understand the example I gave, I could start figuring other things like this on my own.

this is for the skin, not controller... but could be for both.

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 4:05 pm
param_bigger crossfader 50% ? deck 1 play_pause & deck 1 masterdeck on : deck 1 play_pause & sampler_pad 1

For controllers, you need to define the side, because you need different value to query for the crossfader, so it will be something like..

device_side 'left' ? param_bigger crossfader 50% ? play_pause & masterdeck on : play_pause & sampler_pad 1 : param_smaller crossfader 50% ? play_pause & masterdeck on : play_pause & sampler_pad 1

PS. You are in a very "tricky" path. You are trying to manually define the Masterdeck apparently, but you have to think that there are a lot of ways to "start" a deck and "miss" the Masterdeck setting. E.g. Hot Cues, keyboard shortcuts etc.

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 5:39 pm
Dj Dad

Yes, what you gave me works once again. But I can not comprehend the following:
param_bigger crossfader 50% ?

This seems to be doing the opposite of what I think it should. I would have used
crossfader param_smaller 50% ?

I'm looking at the SDK for param_bigger and something is just not clicking for my comprehension. can you please reiterate in a different manner?

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 8:30 pm
ughh, this is going to keep me up all night....

If the play_pause button is 0% when off and 100% when on it's always going to return bigger than 50% when the play_pause button is pushed.
So with your code, I would expect play_pause and masterdeck deck 1 to be activated regardless of were the crossfader is at when the play_pause button is pushed.

I really need some clarity on order of events

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 11:44 pm
param_bigger, param_smaller, param_cast etc convert or query the "given" value/parameter.
You need to chain actions using &
so 2 actions (crossfader and param_bigger) need to be chained with &
In version 7 this was working...
crossfader & param_bigger 50% ? dothis : dothat
The above works in version 8 too, but you can also use 2 actions or 2 values or a combination of them after the param_bigger/param_smaller/param_equal.
so you can have ..
param_bigger crossfader 50% ? dothis : dothat (crossfader returns a %, and the param_bigger action compares the 2 values )
or
param_equal eq_high 50% ? dothis : dothat (eq_high will return a % value and the para_equal action will compare that value with the 50%.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 11:00 am
So,
param_smaller 50% crossfader

also works and makes more sense to me. I just cant get beyond the logic of using param_bigger vs param smaller? is there a reason to choose one over the other?
or is this personal preference?

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 11:47 am
param_bigger A B will return true if A is bigger than B
param_smaller A B will return true is A is smaller than B

so yes param_bigger crossfader 50% and param_smaller 50% crossfader do the same job.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 5:42 pm
Great.... now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 9:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)