Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Freezes when loading a track (OSX)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm posting this here because it seems to have been completely ignored in the Mac Technical Support forum, even though many users are reporting the same problem:

The error occurs when loading a new track to a deck. The track can be any type of track (Content Unlimited or from my library) and the error can occur on any deck. The track begins to load for about a second, then the whole program freezes. The track which is already playing continues to play, but there is no further control over the program until I use Force Quit and restart it.

This of course is a devestating issue to have when you're in the middle of a mix! I have had to resort to having a third party MP3 player running in the background as an "emergency backup" for when this happens (usually 2 to 3 times in a normal set).

It seems that this issue might have something to do with Content Unlimited, since I only experienced the problem after subscribing, however as I mentioned earlier it is not just Content Unlimited tracks which cause the freeze, sometimes the track I've loaded is from my own library. Also, after restarting, the track will load perfectly with no problems, so it's not an error on the song file itself.

My specs:
MacBook Pro 2.9GHz i7
OSX 10.8.5
VDJ8 Version 8.0.0. build 2348.1028
Main music stored on USB3 external HDD, with cache for content unlimited in my Documents folder on the main laptop HDD.
I always pre-download any content unlimited tracks before loading into a deck.

This problem was first reported on 23rd March this year, but as yet there has been absolutely no response from VDJ about it. This is a serious issue which affects our ability to use the program properly.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 2:06 am

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 12:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)