Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: SCREEN SIZING ISSUE WITH VIDEO/KARAOKE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had this happen a few weeks ago (at a booking and could only CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it!) but thought it was related to an issue I had with the external TV I was using at the time. However, after buying a new TV and testing at home, I have noticed that if you are playing either a Video or Karaoke track using an external TV/Monitor, and try to change your desktop screen size within VDJ (using the green + key in the top right hand corner) (to hide/show the toolbar, or have smaller on your desktop), for some reason, the whole screen is taken over by the left hand side of the default VDJ window.

Now, of course, the answer is not to click the green + key once everything is set up but it may be a simple bug that needs fixing so I thought it best to report. Picture included is of my whole desktop (23" screen) which as you can see doesn't look like it should ;) It doesn't happen however when NOT connected to an external monitor/TV.

I can't pin it to a particular build as only noticed a few weeks ago for the first time.

KJ

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 2:21 pm
TV not on clone - the external monitor continues playing whatever is selected, it is just the desktop screen that goes like this. Will set up later this evening or tomorrow morning (heading off to work shortly) and get back to you.

Many thanks

KJ

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 3:42 am
What computer are you using, and what graphics card /GPU does it have?

It could be that it's an issue with the graphics driver rather than VDJ itself.

Can you try the same procedure on another (different) computer?

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 5:45 am
djdad wrote :
- Delete (or better move to a different/backup folder) the settings.xml file from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder
- Launch VirtualDJ 8 (should show fine on your Desktop now)
- Try to reproduce the issue with your TV/Ext.Monitor

If you manage to reproduce it, we need
- the exact steps you followed
- the new generated settings.xml
(send them to babis@virtualdj.com)

Btw, are you sure your TV/Ext.Monitor is set to Extended mode and not to clone ?

Have sent email to you - however, I think it is the setting for ForceVideoFullScreen causing the issue after following your steps above.

Await hearing back from you.

KJ

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 6:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As replied to your email, you will need to keep the setting to 0 and double-click inside the Master Video Preview window in order to maximize the Video Output.

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 8:44 am
Many thanks for your help - appreciate it :)

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 10:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)