Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Script for displaying visual based on beat_counter position...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So far I have tried lots of combinations so far with no joy, inc.....

<visual visibility="get_text '%get_beat_counter' & param_cast 'integer' & param_equal 1 ? true : false">

I want this script to check the current beat position and display visual if its the first beat... need help from a higher being! ;-)

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 5:08 am
Also tried variations of...

<visual visibility="get_beat_num & param_cast 'percentage' & param_equal 6% ? yes : no">

The nearest I can get is.....

<visual visibility="get_beat_counter & param_cast 'integer' & param_equal 1 ? yes : no">

Which returns the visual off for beats 1-8 and on for beats 9-16??

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 5:39 am
Did you peruse the default skin?

<button class="beat_bar" etc. and they use the four bars that move along 1, 2, 3, 4. You could just use a graphic that has one bar...

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 6:00 am
Hmmm, thanks for the tip, I'll investigate! I did briefly look, but the phrase graphic seemed more similar to what I wanted to achieve....

UPDATE: works but only for four beats, it repeats on beat 5, 9 etc

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 6:06 am
Groovin, that appears just to be for one bar of music, I want to identify each of 16 beats. I can display the beats as text......copied from default skin:

<textzone>
<pos x="+7" y="+7"/>
<tooltip>Phrase indicator</tooltip>
<size width="16" height="16"/>
<text size="18" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_beat_counter"/>

</textzone>

...but need to show a different visual for each individual beat. I can't translate the text output into visibility condition.

Also tried.....

<visual visibility="get_beat_num 16 & param_cast 'percentage' & param_equal 6% ? yes : no">

I have also tried assigning the get_beat_counter output to a variable, then calling that but with no success ... time to try the 'get_food' verb!!

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 6:38 am
In your first post you said you wanted to display a visual "if it's the first beat". Now you're saying you want something for all 16?

Please clarify...

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 7:18 am
Sorry for any confusion; my example shows the first beat, but I have referred to up to 16 beats in my other posts...

I would like to indicate with a visual which one of the 16 beats is currently being played.
I can display text indicating current beat number, but not a visual for each.

Basically the same as for the 4 beat bar on the default skin, only 16 consecutive beats.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 8:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
get_beat_num X 16 is what you need to query where X is the beat number from 1 to 16
I would also recommend to use source="" instead of the visibility but thats up to how your graphics are made.

E.g. <visual source="get_beat_num 3 16" > will return true if the track is on the 3rd beat of the 16 beat bar pattern.

If it still doesnt work for you, you will have to explain further, provide the graphics you wish to display (as an example), the entire code you are using etc.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 9:15 am
Success! I thought it would be easier than I was trying to make it, no need for variables or parameter casting ;-)

Thanks DJdad, you've saved my sanity once again :D

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 9:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)