Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Master/Headphone split not working properly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey

I'm using VDJ 8 for a few days now and I really like it. The thing is, I mix with headphones only. So what I did is I put the master channel on the left channel of my headphones and the monitor channel on my right channel. The problem is, whenever I pre-listen a song, I hear it both on my left(master) and right(headphones) side. The volume is not the same, on the master it is much quiter than on the headphone channel, but still you can hear it. The master channel works properly(you only hear on the left side).
As far as I remember it wasnt like this when I started with VDJ 8 a few days ago.

I tried resetting the settings and even reinstalled VDJ, but did not help.

Thanks for any help, because with this bug(I guess its a bug) VDJ is useless to me.

Greets from North Korea

Posted Sun 12 Jul 15 @ 3:40 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe you have to turn the CUE/MIX knob on the skin to CUE position.

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 3:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure you have used the correct Stero to 2 X Mono Splitter cable/adapter ? Can you provide us a link of the cable that you have used ?
If you open Windows Playback Devices and perform a Speakers Test, do you hear Left and right Test sound properly ?

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 7:00 am
If you use a 5.1 / 7.1 Soundcard please ensure that virtual Sussound / Surround is deactivated.

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 7:06 am
If you use a 5.1 / 7.1 Soundcard please ensure that virtual Sussound / Surround is deactivated.

Thanks man! This fixed it.

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 9:47 am
monitors aren't always available so its nice to be able to do it in the headphones!

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 11:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)