Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Map controller button to react based on type of sample group

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJJDROXPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello, I recently upgraded to a PRO infinity license to have a dual controller set up. I LOVE IT! I'm using a DDJ S1, and a Novation Launch Control (not officially supported) to have more control over effects and samples. My question - I have samples based in a few groups, and it would be nice if my mapping could be based off of what group my sample was in. For example, if i press a button for a sample it would play_stop. But if I had a wonderful Air Horn that I wanted to stamp on, I could rapid fire press for the desired effect instead of turning it on / off (play stop).

I know I could map the particular button to play_stutter, but if i ever changed the sample i would have to change the mapping. Is there any way to map the button based on the group i assign it? That way I could map all of the buttons at once and never have to to do it again?

Right now the button on my Novation Launch Control is mapped as follows: sampler 7 play_stop & sampler 7 select (based of SuperAceMan's mapping file - props!)

I've attached a pic of my mapping config page if it helps. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 8:00 am
VirtualDj 8 has different sampler firing / trigger modes.
You can assign your buttons as "sampler_pad 1" and then you can control how it will act on press by selecting the trigger mode you wish.
Available trigger modes are "play/pause", "play/stutter", "hold" and "unmute"

For more info about the sampler in VirtualDj 8 please take a moment to read the manual or watch our video tutorials.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:37 am
DJJDROXPRO InfinityMember since 2014
That was it?.... too easy! Thanks. I just had to map it as sampler_pad instead of sampler. Guess it was designed back in 7 with the sampler bank.

I already had all of the groups done. As long as the sampler bank stays at the 3x3 grid I'll be fine. Thanks again.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 2:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)