Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: video transition 'additive' channel 3 takes priority

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Great addition with the new video transition that means I can actually mix video now seeing as I have no crossfader.

Problem is, channel 3 video always takes priority over channel 2's video. e.g. both channel faders up, it will only display the right side (channel 3's video)

I would think a better approach would be that with both faders up, then both video outputs are displayed together with equal mixture (or density to the video output etc.)

Also I can't get any video output from channel 1 or 4 either, even when using the software crossfader (I don't know if this is a bug or intentional).

I'm using a RANE MP2015 for info.

Cheers

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 7:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which decks do you see in the VIDEO center panel (of the default VirtualDJ 4 decks skin)as left-right assigned for the Video Xfader ?
At the moment, only 2 channels/decks can be video-mixed, which by default are the left and right selected decks, but you can manually choose those using the 4 numbered buttons right next to the Video Xfader.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 7:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
With the additive transition selected, the video crossfader centered and both channel faders up for the left and right video decks, both videos are displayed with equal intensity.

I've also got another version of additive here I've created that completely ignores the crossfader and left/right deck assignments, allowing full mixing of multiple video decks using the channel faders only. I'll be releasing that once I've tested it on the Mac.

Update: I've just tested and you're right, it doesn't look like it works correctly on the Mac. I'll see what I can do to fix it!

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 9:12 am

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 11:58 am
Fantastic, I'll give it a go today.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 7:29 pm
Multi additive is working perfectly. Fantastic work!!

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 10:26 pm
Hmm... I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't get it to work the way it should.
As I understand it, this transitions should work with every deck, mixing the image into the main display with a strength according to the fader position.
The way it works now on my computer is that this is true for deck 1 and 2, but not for deck 3 and 4 (default 4 deck skin). If I've got deck 1 playing, and I mix in deck 2, everything looks and works as expected. But if I have deck 1 (or deck 2) playing and I mix in deck 3 (or 4), then the transition is there as soon as I start the song, even with the faders (from deck 3 or 4) all the way down at zero. So when prelistening to the song, the audience already sees it intermixed with the playing song. I don't think that's the way it should work, so tell me Scott: what am I doing wrong here?

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 6:10 pm
* You need to make sure you are using MultiAdditive, not Additive which is a 2 deck transition.
* Leave the video crossfader centered
* Ensure videoVolumeLink is set to yes in settings

I've just tested your process here and it worked fine.

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 6:19 am
YESSS!!!!!!!!! The fader setting was what was missing! Now it works perfect! OMG, Scott, this is GREAT! You simply MUST (LOL) do this with other popular transitions aswell!!! A dream come true. Thank you!
:P
You da master!

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 6:56 am
I will make the transition override the setting (and the video crossfader position) automatically whilst it's active :)

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 8:32 am
That would make the plugin 100% fool-proof ;)
Can you post a message in this thread when the update is available for download?

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 12:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)