Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Music Tags, covers Download Going Nuts!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had set my Cover's downloads to exact, but is persists to download all kinds of garbage into it's cache folder wasting valuable hard drive space. Started out a 7mbs then climbed to 33 mbs of junk covers that do not pertain to that album. I had to spend a few extra hours of deleting the extra junk files. Then when I re-open VDJ8 it does it again and starts downloading the same wasteful not related covers. I even had turned off the download cover option and set it to No!

For example Sheila & B Devotion the song called Spacer had downloaded a picture of a front car Disc Brake Spacer for a rotor. I thought that was very funny and had to chuckle at that one. But that is not an exact cover.
Also it will not save the Tags for the covers correctly. I have to constantly re direct it to the correct album cover.

Will this be fixed in future patches? Is there a way to save the Tag's Config files or the Data files for the covers? Just in case of a restore?
Thanks you all for your continuing support.
Also the Gain controls still do not match the output of the decks when first loaded, using the default 8 skins, even with the exact same song. One deck persist in being at a different volume level than the other. This happens on all of my PCs tested with a clean install for testing purposes. Virtual DJ 7 does not have this problem. It is a for sure bug in 8 that needs to be looked at. Other members have told me that they can not reproduce that problem and that is very strange, as it has this issue on any PC that I try on. It is not the sound card config that is causing this issue. I have tried all of the options available in the settings with no resolve.
I have been able to repair VDJ 7 Skins to work in 8. If anyone needs help just let me know.
Jon J.
PARTY DOWN Productions

Posted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 9:48 am
i'm suspecting that the cover downloader is overwriting manually specified covers too.
I have a few regular albums i use from promoonly and i've manually sorted the covers out for the vob files several times now in the last few months!!
(The files have not moved and not been renamed)

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:36 am
Thank You fmarksmolinski for the info. I will try and do a manual setup. It takes hours to set up covers for several hundreds of files. I turned off the internet for now when I run VDJ8 to keep it from changing my covers. It seems that in the options, turning off the download covers just ignores that command. When set to exact covers it should be just that and not a bunch of bogus covers. Example The Breakfast club album, downloaded a picture of Scrambled Eggs and Bacon on a plate with a glass of Orange juice, LOL! Funny but not really as that is annoying.
If anyone needs skin help to convert their skins to VDJ8 just let me know. I have gotten the XML files figured out on how to fix them, even for the older versions of VD skins.
Jon J.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 12:30 pm
If you want to do a whole album in one go, hold the ctrl key to select all the required tracks then go to edit track info. It might not show same as usual in this mode but change cover info and it'll change the highlighted tracks..

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 1:08 pm
Thank You for that info! That will save me a lot of time. Much appreciated.
Jon J.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 5:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)