Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VIrtual DJ 8 Not reading all my tracks after Itunes update 12.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
With iTunes, I purchased a compilation that has about 50 tracks. I purchased the songs on my backup lappy. Normally, through cloud sharing, itunes automatically syncs my purchases to my main lappy, I use all Macs theses days but if I purchase on my PC, the same usually happens seamlessly. Since the latest iTunes update, everything still happens as normal, I can see my purchases on my MBP, in iTunes, and I can play them, in iTunes.

When I create a playlist to make it easier to find the most recent tracks or if I look in the itunes most Recently Added Folder, from within VDJ8, VDJ8 can only see about half of my tracks. This is an issue with the iTunes files sharing/Cloud application and iTunes some how treating some of the purchases as if they are DRM protected, even from legitamate users. This has never been a problem before now.

I have reloaded the iTunes folder, Scan the itunes music folder, recursed the Itunes music folder and still I can't get VDJ8 to see a number of tracks.

BTW: It's not just and iTunes.VDJ8 issue. Serato users are screwed big time as are Traktor and other Dj software users. I'm sure Apple is getting and earful and this will all get sorted out soon enough. I'm just giving iTunes/VDJ8 users a heads up.

Update: I am able to read all of the files in the compilation when using Serato but now when using VDJ8 version 2345.1018

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2015/07/warning-to-djs-do-not-upgrade-to-itunes-12-2/

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 1:07 pm
I just read that there are a lot of issues after the release of Apple Music, and some kind of conflict with iTunes.

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 3:22 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:19 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thank you. Your responses have been informative. Now I'm off to experiment.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 10:46 pm
I got the same issue, and read all the articles after upgrading....lets call it a force of habit. However, I quickly overcome it. I created a new Virtual Folder in VDJ 8. With my recent purchase, I create playlists for albums, and genres that are worth noting. For instance, my latest purchase this evening, I created a plylist of it, but needn't had to. Select the tracks for that given playlist within i-tunes, be it from recently added, or a newly created playlist, and 'drag' the highlighted tracks to your newly created folder within VDJ 8. The tracks should all load up (DRM Permitted), and scanned in the usual way.

The only difference this creates is the blue folder we're used to seeing using itunes, now turns to a red folder, down at the bottom of our VDJ 8 Playlist pane. Until a fix, or other resolution is more suffice, this almost solves it completely. Let me know if I am wrong, but I have just finished scanning my latest purchase, and practicing a spin right now, all ok.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 6:23 pm

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 7:03 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
visionz5 wrote :
Not sure if anyone saw this on DJTT..../

I think you missed that in the first post bud

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 9:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)