Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Latest Builds of VDJ8 Freezing and Crashing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey Guys,

I posted in a comment about 6 weeks ago when this issue first appeared for me. Every build since then has been crashing/freezing. It's driving me nuts that every time I set up my computer for a DJing gig, I open VDJ8 and iTunes, test that both are working (which they are), run background music though itunes for a couple of hours - then when I come back to VDJ8, it has frozen/unresponsive...and I need to force quit it. After restarting the program (not the computer), there are usually issues like the itunes library not displaying in VDJ8 or random other things. Once I restart my computer it is back to normal. I haven't had VDJ8 crash in the middle of a set. ONLY when it is sitting there in the background.

What logs can I upload or do you need from VDJ8 that will help identify this problem?
cheers,
Jeremy

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 5:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I wonder if its a soundcard conflict.... Is VirtualDJ set to take control of the sound card exclusivly by any chance?

While I am not saying how you should do your workflow or gig, but, is there a reason you don't use something like automix in VDJ for your background music instead of iTunes?

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 8:04 pm
Hi - thanks very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I've had a quick look through settings and I can't see how I could make VDJ use the sound card exclusively. Do you know where in the settings I might find this so that I can check?

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 5:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Make sure you tick the checkbox "show advanced settings" in the options window.
Then just search for "exclusiveAudioAccess".

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 5:44 am
cool - just jumped in and had a look. exclusiveAudioAccess is set to "no".
Would love to follow up with any other ideas you may have?

cheers!
J

Posted Sat 11 Jul 15 @ 2:19 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've also noticed iTunes taking more resources and pausing even with its own audio playing. This is with it just running by itself.
I've never used it for a gig solution. I recommend looking at a different solution like Automix.

Posted Sat 11 Jul 15 @ 9:39 am
definitely appreciate the suggestion thanks. iTunes itself has never crashed on me, just VDJ. My laptop is pretty beefy, and the problem has only just started happening with the previous few builds

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 6:05 am
jcur0806 wrote :
Hey Guys,

I posted in a comment about 6 weeks ago when this issue first appeared for me. Every build since then has been crashing/freezing. It's driving me nuts that every time I set up my computer for a DJing gig, I open VDJ8 and iTunes, test that both are working (which they are), run background music though itunes for a couple of hours - then when I come back to VDJ8, it has frozen/unresponsive...and I need to force quit it. After restarting the program (not the computer), there are usually issues like the itunes library not displaying in VDJ8 or random other things. Once I restart my computer it is back to normal. I haven't had VDJ8 crash in the middle of a set. ONLY when it is sitting there in the background.

What logs can I upload or do you need from VDJ8 that will help identify this problem?
cheers,
Jeremy

the latest builds have been a disaster.unless there is a new experiment i dont see why they should compromise solid builds to incorporate some effects or fancy stuff that 99% of club djs dont ever use.focus should be on tight sound without flaws,because nowadays pple see a dj with a pc and they expect flawless lol. i had to downgrade to version 2325 the last build that worked for me.

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 11:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So if you try build 2334 the problems come back?

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 12:46 am
I have followed this thread and I am surprised that it is freezing on other computers.
I have a Dell XPS M1730 that I have built from a kit, of buying all new parts to make this complete laptop as new. It has 2x SSDs in a raid configuration. It has never had a freeze or failure with VDJ 8, all of the build patches perform smoothly with absolutely no problems as of yet. Can you post your PC specs? I have had Desktop PCs freeze on software and it was always a driver or hardware problem, such as faulty Capacitors on the motherboard or bad Memory cards. I build and repair Computers for a living out of my home.
Jon J.

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 7:10 pm
Adion wrote :
So if you try build 2334 the problems come back?

Every time a new version comes out from VDJ8, I immediately download/upgrade to it...so am always using the latest builds. It's going to be a couple of weeks until I have my next DJ gig to try out the latest builds again (it's winter here in Australia - and the gigs dry up until spring!) But at my last gig on July 11th it didn't crash for the first time in months.

My laptop is a 12 month old Dell XPS15 with 16gb ram and whatever processor sits in these things. I upgraded it with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500GB).

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 9:40 pm
VDJ8 has stopped working every time I have opened it. It is totally random when it breaks down. Sometimes going for an hour with no glitches and sometimes 5 minutes. It acts like it is uploading a song to either one of the decks "downloading %" shows. The song title comes up but the waveform does not show and it will not play. From that point nothing else loads and I have to force quit the application. Using a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.9.5. Really frustrating to pay for the "Pro" version and get use the software. Would greatly appreciate any help

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 12:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)